LXXVII

-We've got company., said Rowan through the comms.

-Where?, asked Millie through the comms.

-On the roof as predicted but also from outside the ground floor., replied Priah.

-Do you see my father?, asked Sadie with a serious tone.

-Sadie-, tried Rowan.

-Do you see him!, yelled the redhead.

-On the rooftop., said the younger brunette quickly.

Sadie got up, grabbed her rifle and started walking. Olivia followed her with a simple pistol. Millie knew her girlfriend too well, so she immediately ran up to the closest door that lead to the rooftop, knowing that Sadie would be there in a few seconds. And she was right.

-Sadie, stop., said Millie softly.

-He needs to pay. He needs to die., replied the redhead coldly.

-He won't be alone up there., frowned Olivia.

-I can handle it., shrugged Sadie.

-No, you can't. Please don't be stubborn. We need to stay focused. I promise that if we find a way to get you alone with your father, we will. But please, for now focus on protecting everyone in this building., explained Millie putting her hand on Sadie's arm gently.

-I need him to disappear., said Sadie clenching her jaw as her voice started shaking.

-And we'll make it happen, but we need to take care of the soldiers first. Those downstairs are counting on us., said Olivia avoiding Millie's gaze.

-Yes. She's right., added the brunette with a soft tone. 

-Fine. Let's get ready to welcome them., smirked Sadie as she grabbed a grenade she had been hiding in her pocket.

-They're gonna feel very welcome indeed., chuckled Olivia making Millie and Sadie laugh. 

-Mills, stay with us., ordered Sadie.

-Yeah, there's only one way down and it's this door, so we need to protect the inside from her., nodded Millie.

-Rowan, why are they not trying to break in yet?, frowned Lilia through the comms.

-I don't know, they aren't moving. It's like they are waiting., replied the brunette confused.

-Waiting? For what?, asked Maya from the infirmary.

-I'll be right back. Olivia, stay here., said Sadie clenching her jaw and leaving.

-Aren't you gonna ask where she's going?, frowned Olivia looking at Millie.

-She's going to visit Tess. I think it's better if she does that alone., explained the younger brunette.

Now let's follow Sadie. She walked down to her cell/bedroom and opened the door, pointing the rifle immediately at Tess who had been sleeping but was woken up by Sadie.

-Talk., ordered the redhead.

-What?, frowned the brunette.

-Why aren't they attacking! They are just standing there and not moving. Why!, yelled Sadie as she got closer to Tess.

-I don't know., shrugged the older girl.

Sadie pulled her off her bed, making her hit the floor and punched her twice in the face.

-Don't fucking lie to me. Let's try again. Why are they not moving!, yelled Sadie from on top of her old best friend.

-S-Sadie, I don't know., replied Tess after spitting blood from her mouth.