LII

Millie walked in the room as Rowan was typing something on her computer.

-What's going on?, asked Millie looking at Sabrina, Corey, Noah, Finn, Gaten and Caleb.

-She's hacking a server., explained the blonde girl admiring her girlfriend's work.

-Why?, wondered the younger girl.

-The match is a liquid that the Germans used to produce during World Word II. It's all classified so she trying to hack into the German's base near Las Vegas in the desert., explained Noah looking at the computer with stars in his eyes.

-He's obsessed with Rowan's hacking skills., chuckled Caleb looking at Finn who didn't find it as assuming as the other boy.

-Okay, so what is that substance in her? What does it do? What can we do to cure Sadie and get her back?, rambled the younger brunette.

-Well that's what we're trying to find out., shrugged Gaten.

-Got it!, exclaimed Rowan printing something.

-What? What is it?, wondered Millie as she walked up to her.

-Here, read it., said the older brunette handing the sheets to Finn.

-Okay...Uh, it's a liquid called Impero used by the Germans during WWII, to mind control their soldiers and force people to join them. They can control the person's senses, meaning the hearing, seeing, touching, tasting etc etc. After the war, they tried to hide the existence of it. The liquid lets the hacker somehow hack into their brain and control them. It's like a chip implanted in the brain, but it runs in the blood to get better access, meaning they can control movements as well and communicate with the subjects. And-, explained the boy as he read the files.

-Is there anything about how to stop it?, asked Millie.

-Uhhh, no, sorry Millie., replied Finn.

-Wait, wait, wait, it's logic! Oh my god, Why didn't I think of it! It says that "the liquid let the HACKER", I can hack it back and install like an antivirus that will destroy everything that they injected in her blood., suggested Rowan looking at Millie.

-How do we do that?, wondered the brunette.

-Well, it's like hacking any other thing that can be hacked, from a server to a bluetooth connected washing machine., explained the older brunette.

-Okay but she's not a thing, Rowan. She's a human being with feelings and emotions and she is our friend, Jacey's sister and my girlfriend. She's my everything. If you do something wrong to a machine, like not program it the way it should, it's just a machine. But this is a human being. There can't be any mistakes made. If you program something wrong, she won't be the way she used to be. If you program something wrong, she might not come back as she should. So please, when I let you hack, I want you to promise to be careful and cautious and not let yourself get distracted by every little new thing that you could discover., explained Millie looking at her friend with pleading eyes.

-You have my word, Millie. I promise that I will be careful and try not to harm her. I can't promise that I won't hurt her at all because I honestly don't know what to expect. There are many ways she could be programmed and I might not be able to save her. There is a risk, Millie. There is a risk that she won't be the Sadie that you used to know and love. I won't do it without your permission, but you can't tell Sadie because if you do, they could try to set a firewall that I won't be able to hack. So, what do you say?, asked Rowan as she walked up to her and gently grabbed her hands in her own.

-Okay. Do it. I want her back and if this is the only way that she won't feel like murdering every single person here, then that's fine by me. I trust you to do whatever it takes to get her back., nodded Millie as she looked the other brunette in the eyes.

Rowan nodded and walked away, sitting down by her computer.

-You should probably be next to her while I'm doing this., suggested the brunette.

Millie agreed and walked out of the room, walking up to Sadie's room. She was still sitting near the window and looking out. She turned her head to Millie and smiled softly. Millie sighed in relief, knowing that smile was her girlfriend's and not the alter ego's. Millie pulled the chair that Sadie was sitting on near the bed and looked at her, not saying a word.

-What is it, my love?, wondered the redhead.

-I miss you., replied Millie which wasn't a lie because she did miss her but she couldn't just tell her what was going on just like Rowan told her.

-I miss you too. Can I kiss you?, asked Sadie with a more serious face.

-Yeah. Yes. You can., smiled the brunette leaning down to Sadie's height due to the bed being higher than the chair, so for once Millie had to lean down and not the redhead.

The redhead smiled softly and kissed her girlfriend, having missed her lips. Millie was enjoy it as well, but she couldn't forget that in a near room, there was a person trying to hack into her girlfriend. How crazy does that sound? If someone had told Millie that something like that was possible before the apocalypse, she would have not believed it and laughed, taking it as a joke. But it wasn't a joke. Maybe this was her last kiss. Or her last moment with her girlfriend. Or maybe even Sadie's last breath. Suddenly the redhead pulled away from the kiss and start groaning.

-It burns! What's going on! Fuck!, yelled Sadie.

-Hey, calm down, it's okay-, tried Millie.

-N-No! It's not okay, I feel like my blood is burning or my skin or- I- I don't know!, continued Sadie.

-It'll be over soon. Just calm down., replied Millie putting her hand on Sadie's cheek where a tear was dropping down.

-Wh-What do you mean it will be over soon?, frowned the redhead.

-I can't explain it now, but you will understand. I promise., swore the younger teenager.

-Millie, what did you do! I- Stop it! Please! Just stop!, cried Sadie.

-I can't. I'm sorry., apologized the brunette trying not to give in.

-I hate you! Fuck you! Just stop it! Please! AHH-, screamed Sadie.

Suddenly, the room went silent.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: hi, a little cliffhanger hehe whoops TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS WHAT YOU THINK OF IT SO FAR, AND BY IT I MEAN THE BOOK OR THE CHAPTER, K BYE