LXXXV

Olivia woke up early, not really being able to sleep, which was nothing new to her. She hasn't had a good night of sleep for weeks. She never managed to turn her brain off and let it rest, always overthinking everything. Of course that was tiring and exhausting, physically and emotionally. She got up from her bed, changed her hoodie. And just like every other morning, she went to her favorite place. She sat on the edge of a window in the first floor, her legs hanging down, her hand on the railing, looking outside and enjoying the calm. She wanted to talk to Tess, but she also didn't want to wake her up. So she stayed there for a while, until she started hearing some movement, meaning that people were starting to wake up and start their day. Sadie walked in with two cups of coffee, walked up to her and handed her one. 

-Thank., smiled the brunette.

-Are you okay?, asked the redhead.

-Yeah. I think so. I just want to talk to Tess and ask why she acted weirdly last night at the end. I mean, everything was going well, I even made her smile which lightened my world, but then all of the sudden she wanted to leave and she didn't want me to go with her. Did she maybe say something?, asked Olivia curiously.

-No, she didn't. But she seemed hurt. I don't know what's going on between you two and I don't know how I feel about it, but she's...she's my friend, so the best thing to do with Tess is to talk to her. Which I failed to do these last few days. Talk it out. Be straight forward. She doesn't like playing games. Tell her what's on your mind. But still stay cautious about what you say, she still seems fragile and little things could trigger her. Be patient and understanding. You're a good person, Olivia. She sees that. Just be you and talk to her., smiled the older girl as she sipped on her cup of coffee. 

-Do you think she's already awake?, wondered the brunette.

-I don't know but you could just go upstairs and if she wakes up because of you, just tell her that I sent you, because I want her to get to know the place and people here better., shrugged the redhead.

-Okay, thank you Sadie., smiled Olivia hugging the older girl and leaving the room, determinately going upstairs and stopping at Tess' door.

-You got this., whispered the girl to herself as she grabbed the key out of her pocket and unlocked the door.

She slowly opened the door, in case Tess was still asleep, which she wasn't. Tess was sitting on the floor, looking out the window and enjoying the spring sunlight. 

-Hey., said Olivia softly as she closed the door behind her.

-Oh, hi., replied Tess as she turned her head to Olivia.

-Couldn't sleep?, asked the brunette walking up to her.

Tess shrugged as a reply. 

-Tess?, said Olivia with the softest voice ever.

-Hm?, hummed the brunette.

-What happened last night?, asked the younger girl.

-What do you mean?, replied Tess.

-You know what I mean., sighed Olivia sitting down next to the other brunette, looking down at the floor and fidgeting with her fingers.

-As we walked through the crowd, I heard people talking. I heard a rumor., admitted the older girl.

-What rumor?, frowned Olivia looking up at Tess meeting her hazel eyes.

-Do you love Millie?, asked the other brunette.

-Who told you that?, wondered the younger girl confused.

-So it's true., said the girl disappointed, looking up at the sunlight.

-No, I mean, not entirely. I don't have to be in love with her to love her. I care about her and yes, I did have a little crush on her at first. But not anymore., explained Olivia. 

-Are you sure? You seems close. Really close., scoffed Tess.

-I don't love her like that, not anymore. She's someone I look up to, she's a friend, that's all., replied the younger girl.

-Yeah right., said the other brunette.

-Why do you care?, asked Olivia.

-I don't., shrugged the older girl.

-If you didn't care you wouldn't be asking me all of this., replied the brunette.

-I don't., repeated Tess.

-Do you still love Sadie?, asked the brunette.

-I don't have to be in love with her to love her., said Tess repeating what Olivia had replied earlier.

-I know., nodded Olivia.

-Why do you care?, asked Tess this time.

-I'm pretty sure you know why. But you're scared. You're scared of the thoughts in your head. Don't let them win., replied the younger girl placing her hand on Tess' hand.

-I do not know why., said Tess and she took her hand away from the other girl's.

Then Olivia remembered what Sadie had told her earlier. Be straight forward. She doesn't like playing games. Tell her what's on your mind. 

-I care about you., said Olivia.

-Ok., shrugged Tess.

-Just...let me find the right words. I think that you're brave. I think you're too hard on yourself. I think that you care too much about what other people think. I think you're lonely. But I know that you're a good person. I KNOW that you are the first person in ages who hasn't looked at me, seeing the sensible and fragile me. In two days, you're brought so much goodness and new qualities out of me that I did not even know I had. You make me feel like I'm invincible. You see me.If only I could dream, I'm sure you'd be in all of my dreams. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I like you. Not as a friend. I like like you., explained the younger brunette trying to find the confident she had found last night.

-Are you sure you're not confusing me with Milli-, tried Tess but Olivia didn't let her finish her sentence as her lips met Tess'.

The older brunette pulled away looking Olivia in the eyes. The younger brunette seemed scared to have had triggered her like Sadie had warned her. Yet, Tess leaned back in and kissed her back.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: i was scared to write this chapter because I have no clue what to write next and I'm slowly running out of ideas, sure I could go on improvising as always, but idk