LXI

Suddenly, there was a loud noise. What was that? 

-Rowan is already working on it, so let's get moving people, quiet but fast so put your stealth modes on., ordered Sadie as she started walking towards the door. 

There was a huge hole on the wall, so the redhead made everyone stop and then slowly walked up to the hole, hiding behind a huge piece of stone. She tried listening to what the men were saying when she heard the familiar voice.

-To the side door, now! They are walking to the side door! Hurry up or you won't get your paychecks!, screamed Sadie's father as soldiers ran past the hole and to the side door just like Millie had predicted it. 

Millie peaked her head out to look at Sadie, so when the redhead met the brunette's eyes, she made a signal for them to follow her. Millie looked at the other and whispered to them.

-Listen up, we have 80 people left here, so make groups of 10 people and always make sure to stay together. First the 40 youngest will go with Jillian and Lilia and then the older one's will go with me at the end. Get ready to run., explained Millie as she prepared her rifle.

-You'll keep me safe, right?, winked Alex.

-Do that again and I will put a bullet in your perfect face. Got it?, said Millie firmly grabbing his collar as he nodded.

Jillian walked in front of the groups, ready to shoot at anyone staying their way. They walked up to Sadie.

-Noah will be here soon. Get ready. You'll climb on the first bus and one van. Make sure they keep their heads down once in the vehicle, cause they could see you and shoot you., explained Sadie as she kept an eye on what was going on outside.

-When I say go, you go, okay?, said the redhead to Jillian who nodded not asking any questions.

Sadie turned her attentions to the group of kids.

-Okay, listen, I know you're scared and that's okay, so are we, but I need you all to obey Jillian and Lilia's orders without questioning them. If you want to make it out alive, be quiet and do as they say. (Turns to Jillian) Go., ordered the older girl as she saw the bus and van approaching.

She climbed out the hole in the wall as well, just to cover them in case the soldiers would come back. What she didn't calculate, was that not everyone had gone to the side door. She felt a gun against her skull. She stayed calm, not saying a word. 

-Don't make me do this., said a girl.

Sadie frowned. She knew that voice all too well. Tess Levy. 

-Tess, but the gun down., said the redhead putting her hands up but still not turning around.

-I have to Sadie, I'm sorry., said the brunette as her voice started shaking.

-Tess, listen carefully, I have my girlfriend on the other side of the wall. If she sees you pointing a gun at me, she will shoot you. I don't want that to happen, so would you please put the gun down before you get hurt?, pleaded Sadie after putting her rifle down.

-I'm so sorry., replied the brunette having tears in her eyes.

Sadie turned around faster than she thought she could grabbed the gun, twisted her arms and threw the gun far away, while holding Tess' wrist. The brunette just looked at her and broke down. Sadie proceeded to hugging her, knowing that there was no way that she would have shot her or even pointed a gun at her without a reason.

-Why, Tess?, whispered the redhead. 

-Your dad, h-he took me in. I lost everyone, Sades. I lost my whole family. He saved me. I owe him my life., explained the brunette as tears kept running down her cheeks.

-You don't owe him anything. Look at me. (pulls away from the hug) What don't you come with me, hm? (moves a hair out of Tess' face) I built a family, you're welcome to join. You don't have to have to deal with him ever again., suggested Sadie as the bus and van drove off with the children.

-You would do that f-for me? A-After I almost shot you?, frowned the younger girl.

-Yes, you were my best friend, Tess. I trust you. I know that you wouldn't have hurt me. Come on, join us. Join me., smiled the redhead putting her hand on Tess' cheek.

-Ok. But, your dad implanted like a tracking device in my arm. He'll be able to find you, Sades., explained the brunette.

-Rowan?, said the redhead.

-I'm already on it., replied the other girl already hacking into the device.

-You'll be okay. I promis-, tried the redhead.

-I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?, said Millie obviously pissed finding her girlfriend with a stranger in her arms and her hand on her cheek.

-Mills, meet my best friend Tess. Tess, meet my girlfriend Millie., smiled the redhead.

-Mhm, we need to get going., said Millie ignoring the presentation.

Sadie chuckled and whispered in her ear.

-She's straighter than an arrow., admitted the redhead in Millie's ear.

-Oh well in that case- Hi, I'm Millie, it's nice to meet you, but we're kinda in a situation here and are trying to save some kids, so we need to hurry. I'm sure Sadie already told you that you could tag along. Peyton and Caleb will be here soon. In fact, they're here., said Millie pointing at the two vehicles approaching. 

Millie made a movement for the teenagers to follow her to the bus, which they did. Corey got out of the van. Corey? But it was supposed to be Peyton, no? Sadie shrugged those thoughts off and lead her best friend to the van with 15 other teenagers. 

-Hurry, I can see men running towards us., screamed Corey.

They ran up to the van, Sadie got in the passenger's seat and Corey started the van. Shoot started firing everywhere, hitting the van. Sadie saw her dad's sinister expression. The skinny boy drove backwards, turned the van around and drove off, following the bus. Sadie looked in the back, checking if anyone had gotten hurt.

-Is everyone okay?, asked the redhead turning.

The teenagers nodded.

-Sadie..., said Corey a hand on his stomach.

The redhead turned to face him and saw blood flowing down his dark black hoodie.

-Shit, shit shit. Lilia, get ready to put your nurse skills to action, Corey got shot., ordered Sadie through the comms.

-I feel w-weak., said the boy.

-No, no, no, no. Tess, help me., said the redhead.

-Tell me what to do., replied the brunette ready to help.

-I'm gonna pull him onto my lap while you try to continue to drive, alright?, said the older girl.

-Okay. 1. 2. 3!, screamed Tess as she basically jumped on the driver's seat taking control of the van while Sadie pulled Corey on her lap.

-Hey, you'll be okay buddy. You'll be okay, just stay with me, alright? Don't you dare die on me! Don't close your eyes. Stay with me, you hear me?, begged the redhead as she saw Corey's skin getting paler.

They arrived at the base. Lilia was ready with all the supplies as Sadie carried him to her on a moving bed. Rowan couldn't help but cry. 

-He'll be okay. He has to., whispered Sadie as she hugged Rowan. 

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: improvising at its finest XOXO BYE