XLIII

Sadie pulled away from their make out session.

-Mills- Someone knocked on the door- Millie stOp-, tried the redhead as her girlfriend placed soft kisses on her collarbone.

Millie, who of course is extremely stubborn continued, so Sadie had no other choice but to make her stop. She put her hand on Millie's chest and pushed her up, but the brunette sat up quickly breathing heavily and putting her hand on her chest.

-Woah, hey, breathe., said Sadie as she sat up making Millie sit on her lap.

-S-Sorry, you just uh, touched me there where Mia carved, you know..., explained Millie trying not to sound crazy.

-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you panic. Are you alright?, asked the older girl worryingly.

-Yes. I'm going to open the door and see who knocked., replied the brunette getting up from her girlfriend's comfortable lap.

Sadie put a t-shirt on that Millie had placed on the nightstand while she was unconscious. The younger girl unlocked the door, revealing the person who had been knocking.

-Sabrina?, asked Sadie frowning as the blonde girl was standing at the door frame.

-I see hottie is awake., replied Sabrina.

-Wait what's going on? Where are we? Why are you here?, asked the redhead quickly as she got up and walked up to them, feeling some pressure on her chest making her groan.

-Take it easy there, tough girl. You're under my roof. The school I mean. Finn showed up here and asked us to help you guys out because your building started burning. I sent Peyton, Corey and your boys over to examine what caused the fire., explained the blonde girl.

-They don't take orders from you, ok? They're my group., replied Sadie clenching her jaw.

-I think the words you were looking for are "thank you". You're welcome., scoffed Sabrina.

-Sades, they are letting us stay here, ok? Don't start an argument with the only people who are actually willing to help us out., said Millie putting a hand on Sadie's shoulder wanting her to calm down.

-Fine. But I don't like you. I don't trust you., said Sadie.

-Damn. What did I do?, chuckled the older girl.

-Uh let me see. You punched my girlfriend when we first met. You made me open up about something that I wanted to keep for myself. You call us hottie and provoke us. You literally almost shot me and pretty much everyone from my group. Want me to go on?, scoffed the redhead.

-Oh come on, that's the past dearie. I already apologized for the big misunderstanding. Didn't know that you still had hard feelings about it. I'm really just here to help you out. I don't want to cause any trouble. And you're right, your people don't take orders from me, they asked Millie if it was okay for them to tag along with Peyton and Corey., explained Sabrina not looking away from Sadie.

The redhead looked at her girlfriend who nodded to confirm that what she said was true.

-We're back!, said Finn.

Sadie walked past Sabrina ignoring her and continued through the unknown hallway. She followed the noise and voices, finding both groups chatting. 

-Sadie!, said Jillian as she limped up to her hugging her.

-Hey Jill. How are you?, asked the redhead hugging her back.

-I'm feeling great, my ankle hurts a bit but it's fine. I'm really happy that you're here., replied the older girl smiling.

-Yeah, me too., smiled Sadie lightly.

Corey took the picture that he took and had printed them out, laying them on the table as everyone circled around.

-So, what do you all think?, asked Peyton.

Millie frowned at one picture and picked it up wanting to have a closer look.

-What is it Millie?, asked Rowan frowning.

-Something is off., said the brunette looking at the picture.

-What do you mean?, asked Sabrina being next to her and also looking at the picture.

-This is a picture of Jillian's and Lilia's bedroom's door. When I was inside, there was a huge piece of wood blocking the door, so I kicked it away. I kicked away to the right. The piece of wood is laying on the left side., explained Millie putting the picture down for everyone to see.

-What are you trying to say?, asked Gaten confused.

-Corey, did you take any picture of the nursery and of the floor?, asked Millie.

Corey nodded and handed Millie some pictures.

-Ok, boys take your shoes off and show me how they look like from underneath., ordered the brunette.

-Millie-, tried Noah.

-Just do it, I'll explain., said Millie.

The boys obeyed, taking their shoes off. Millie nodded and put the picture down.

-Someone was there before you. You can see some footprints on the floor. None of the shoes match them. Corey, show me the pictures of the bedrooms please?, explained the younger girl.

The skinny boy nodded and handed her a few pictures.

-We haven't found what caused the fire though., said Peyton.

-Give it a minute., replied Sadie seeing her girlfriend examining the pictures.

Millie looked through a few pictures and suddenly stopped. She looked closer, bringing the picture up closer to her face. Millie put the picture down.

-Our bedroom. Look at the mattress. There is a huge stain on it. I bet it was gasoline or fuel. The fire was no accident. Someone started it. Someone put the building on fire on purpose. And before you start doubting about your friends and second family, something is telling me that it was none of us., explained the brunette looking at everyone.

-Why would anyone set your building on fire? And wouldn't you have noticed that someone walked in and just set it on fire?, frowned Rowan looking at Millie.

-Those are good questions. Sadie and I were on the rooftop having a date. Finn, Noah?, asked Millie.

-We were in our bedroom playing with Jacey, Ava and Amy., replied Noah.

-Jill, Lilia?, asked the redhead leader.

-In our bedroom taking a nap., said Jillian looking at Lilia and smiling lightly. 

-Gaten, Caleb?, asked the brunette.

-We were out looting and rushed back as we saw flames and smoke., explained Caleb.

-Whoever did this found the perfect moment to do it. And how could someone know?, asked Millie rhetorically as she grabbed a picture and placed it in the middle of the table.

-A camera., whispered Sadie as she looked at the picture seeing a camera that was hidden in a can of food in their bedroom.

-Someone has been spying on us. Someone wants to hurt us., confirmed Millie.

-Who?, asked Sabrina.

-We've had a few enemies in the past, but they're all dead., replied Lilia.

-None of those enemies would be smart enough to pull this up. This is something new. Someone new. She, he, it, they want us dead or hurt., said the brunette looking at her girlfriend.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: this chapter was 100% improvised. I usually know what I wanna write, but in this chapter I came up with ideas as I was writing, especially the ending part.