XLIV

-Who? Why? Why us? I don't get it., said Jillian as she sat down on an old couch.

-There are lots of possibilities. Maybe we got too dangerous for them because we are quite invincible as a team. Maybe we have something that they want. Maybe we did something to them. Too many maybe's. We need to focus on keeping everyone safe. Sabrina, do you have a supply of weapons that we could share?, started Millie.

-Yeah, of course., replied the blonde making a head movement to Peyton to go get them.

-Corey, something tells me you're a tech genius., said Millie looking at him.

-Actually..., interrupted Rowan stepping closer.

-Hm, Rowan, love that. Okay, if we get you the burned cameras, do you think you could track the people that placed them there?, asked the brunette showing the pictures of the burned cameras.

-I'll need a computer for that., replied Rowan nodding.

-There's a tech store close to your old school, Mills., said Sadie joining in the conversation.

-Yes, you're right. Gaten, Finn, Caleb, Noah, could you take Rowan there and take everything she needs?, asked Millie.

The boys nodded as Peyton came back with guns.

-I'll tag along if that's okay., said the older boy.

-Alright. Keep her safe., replied Millie nodding and handing the guns to the boys.

-Yes ma'am., chuckled Gaten taking the gun.

Sabrina walked up to Rowan and hugged her.

-Be careful and stay close to them, ok?, whispered the girl but loud enough for Sadie to hear.

-I promise., replied the brunette hugging her tighter. 

Sabrina pulled away and kissed her cheek, letting her go. Rowan joined the boys and they left the building. Sadie smirked and walked up to the other leader.

-So...Rowan huh?, smirked the redhead.

-What?, frowned Sabrina.

-Don't play dumb., chuckled Sadie pushing her playfully.

-I'm not. What do you mean?, replied the smaller blonde.

-You like Rowan., said the younger girl.

-No. I don't. Say that again and I will punch you. Got it?, threatened Sabrina.

-Try me, why don't you?, provoked Sadie.

Lilia saw their looks and pulled Sadie with her.

-I need your help., lied the younger blonde girl.

Sadie killed Sabrina with her eyes and followed Lilia to a different room. Lilia closed the door and looked at Sadie.

-What the hell is wrong with you?, said Lilia keeping her voice down.

-She wanted to punch me., shrugged Sadie.

-They are letting us stay here without asking anything in return. They helped us. They saved us. If they weren't there, we wouldn't have any supplies or a safe place to stay. So get off your high horses and go apologize to her., whisper yelled Lilia.

-Since when do you give me orders?, scoffed the redhead.

-Cut the crap., replied Lilia slapping her.

-What the f-, tried Sadie but Lilia pushed her against the wall.

-I'm done with your shit, Sadie. I don't care if you don't trust them or if you don't like them. We do, whether you like it or not. So get your head around it and stop being a bitch., said the blonde girl.

She immediately regretted doing that as she saw Sadie's face. She was not happy. Lilia expected a slap or a punch or being thrown across the room.

-You're right. I'm sorry. I need to chill., nodded Sadie nodding.

Lilia couldn't hide her surprised expression.

-Uh, yeah. G-Good. And uhm I'm sorry for the slap and stuff., apologized Lilia.

-No, don't apologize. Everyone is a bit on edge at the moment after what happened. And I mean I kinda deserved it after being a bitch. It's ok, I promise., smiled Sadie lightly.

-Okay..., replied the younger girl letting go of her best friend.

Sadie pulled her back and hugged her. Lilia was surprised at first but eventually hugged back tighter.

-What happened between you and Sabrina earlier?, mumbled Lilia while hugging her.

-Well, I think it's pretty obvious that she likes Rowan but she said that she doesn't and threatened to punch me if I would say that again., explained Sadie.

-Sounds like Millie when she first met you., chuckled the blonde girl.

-Yeah., giggled Sadie still hugging her.

-Maybe don't push it? Just let her get things straight in her head and let her figure it out herself. Millie reacted similar to that when both Jillian and I confronted her about it., admitted Lilia finally pulling away from the hug.

-I'm gonna apologize. And yes I'll try to be calm., swore Sadie as she opened the door again.

Millie was sitting there with Jillian while Sabrina was sitting on a bay-window looking out the window. Sadie walked up to her, and as Sabrina saw her, she stood up ready to throw hands. Sadie put her hands up in defense.

-I come in peace., said the redhead sitting down on the bay-window as well.

Sabrina sat down again but ignored Sadie looking out the window again.

-A school that has a bay-window. Weird., chuckled Sadie.

-It was a orphanage., replied Sabrina coldly.

-Oh, ok...Listen, I'm sorry for earlier. I shouldn't have said that., apologized Sadie truthfully.

-Yeah, you shouldn't have., said the blonde girl.

Sadie started looking out the window as well.

-I hope we're good., admitted Sadie.

-Yeah. We're good...hottie., chuckled Sabrina turning around looking at her.

-Good, shorty., replied the redhead still looking out the window.

-How did you and Millie meet?, asked the blonde girl.

-Oh boy. Well, Jillian and Lilia kidnapped her, and brought her to me. Before you start asking, I made a rule that they should bring me every teen survivor that they find, to either be part of our group or to well, kill. But Millie seemed so special and intriguing and just...Yeah I fell for her right away. I was a bit of a creep and bitch to her the first day though, don't know how she likes me back. Still a mystery to this day., chuckled the other leader.

-Love at first sight, hm?, said Sabrina chuckling looking back at Millie talking with Jillian and Lilia.

-Yeah, I guess- GET DOWN!, screamed Sadie as she tackled Sabrina to the floor, a bullet flying through the window.

-They found us., said Millie grabbing a gun.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: sh!t is about to go down lmao. God I love stopping chapters with a good old cliffhanger. BYEEEEEE