XLI

Millie and Sadie had been on the rooftop laying on the mattress and resting the whole afternoon when suddenly, the younger teenager smelled something.

-S-Sades..., said Millie sitting up.

-What's wrong babe? Does something hurt?, asked Sadie quickly with a worried tone.

-No, I'm ok. I think I'm smelling-, tried the brunette.

-Fire., finished the redhead.

-We need to warn the others., replied the younger girl putting her all clothes back on.

-Shit., said Sadie as she opened the door. 

-What?, wondered Millie as she put her boots on.

-We can't go down here., explained the older gurl pointing down the stairs revealing some flames.

-What do we do now?, asked the brunette  starting to panic.

-There's a ladder on that side. Let's go., replied Sadie grabbing Millie's hand, but the brunette didn't move.

-Ava is still down there, so is Jacey.I can't lose here again, Sades. I need to go down there., said Millie letting go of her girlfriend's hand.

-Millie, we can't save them if we die in there. If we go down the ladder, we'll be able to get in the building from downstairs. Trust me, I want to save everyone as much as you do, but we won't be able to save anyone if we get stuck in there and suffocate., explained the redhead.

The younger girl nodded and followed her girlfriend to the ladder. 

-I see them! They're outside with the boys and Amy. Wait. Lilia and Jillian aren't there. No, no, no., rambled Sadie as she quickly climbed down, Jacey running up to her.

-They're still inside., cried the little girl.

Millie climbed down, quickly hugged her sister and whispered "stay with Sadie no matter what". Before Ava could answer, Millie ran in the building, coughing as she entered the kitchen. She could hear the girls screaming for help. Millie remember that there was a fire extinguisher in the room that she killed Mia. She wanted to run inside, but flames were blocking the door. She ripped a piece off her t-shirt, ran to the sink and put water on it. That way, she wouldn't suffocate that fast. She put the piece of clothing on her mouth and nose. She had to run through the flames. There was no other way around. Millie didn't think twice and ran straight through the flames, feeling the heat caressing her skin and leaving some marks. She ran up to the extinguisher not wasting any time and extinguished the fire that she had recently ran through. She made her way through the building with the fire extinguisher, hearing the screams getting nearer. 

-Hold on tight! I'm coming!, screamed Millie hoping that they could hear her.

She got to the hallway, but saw that a huge piece of wood that probably fell from the ceiling  was blocking the door from opening. She needed to react fast. She knew the wood was probably too hot to touch, so she just kicked it to the side with one quick but hard kick. Of course some of the wood fell on her skin, burning her. She ignored the pain and kicked the door open with another kick. Lilia was hugging Jillian, who was obviously crying and panicking. Her left ankle was red. Burned.

-Come on! Let's get out of here!, ordered Millie as she entered the room and helped with Jillian, putting her arm around her.

-D-Don't touch me!, stuttered the older girl.

-Jill, we need to get you out of here. Let her help. I'm not strong enough to get you out of here alone., pleaded Lilia.

-F-Fine., said the curly head giving in.

-Here. Clear the path, I'll carry her., said Millie to Lilia as she handed her the extinguisher.

Jillian started coughing badly, so Millie handed her the wet piece of clothing, which got the older girl confused.

-Put it on your mouth, it'll help. Now, can carry you?, said Millie quickly yet in a soft voice.

The older girl nodded and obeyed, putting the wet fabric on her mouth while Millie picked her up and carried her bridal style. Lilia started leading the way, clearing the path with the fire extinguisher. Millie did the best she could to carry Jillian around, trying not to run into anything since everything was too hot to be touched. As they got to the kitchen, the door to go out was open. Noah was holding and screaming. Lilia walked out of the building, followed by Millie with Jillian in her arms. She put the girl down and looked around. Ava and Jacey were hugging. Millie frowned, not understanding what was going on. Noah was still holding the door open. Sadie. That stubborn idiot. Millie didn't think twice running back inside, feeling Noah's hand on her trying to stop her, but she continued and made her way back inside. 

-Sadie!, screamed Millie at the top of her lungs. 

She heard a slight whimper and then nothing. It had come from the nursing room. The brunette ran up to it, bursting in the room, seeing her girlfriend under a metal shelf. Millie didn't hesitate and tried lifting it, but it was too hot. 

-Go! L-Leave!, begged the redhead.

-I'm not going anywhere without you!, replied Millie as it was getting harder to breathe correctly.

-Millie! Just go!, screamed Sadie, tears in her eyes.

The younger girl ignored it and looked around the room. There was one thick blanket laying on another shelf.  Millie ran up to it, grabbed it and went back to her girlfriend, who now had her eyes closed. She had to hurry. Millie wrapped the blanket around her hand and lifted the shelf from one side, making it fall next to her unconscious girlfriend. She grabbed her girlfriend, picked her up and carried her like she had carried Jillian. She hold her close to her chest, and started walking through the hallway as she started coughing uncontrollably. She needed to get Sadie out of there. Her vision got blurry but she continued walking, seeing the light from the opened door with Noah next to it, holding it open. Caleb saw her struggling and ran inside, grabbing Sadie in his arms, making it easier for Millie to walk. The three of the got out on time, as they heard things starting to crash. Millie got out of the building, falling to her knees, trying to catch her breathe. Gaten was busy helping Jillian, who told Lilia to help her friend. So the blonde girl quickly walked up to Millie, getting on her knees and handing her a bottle of water.

-Calm down. You're out. It's okay. Take deep breaths., said Lilia in a soothing voice.

-I'm f-fine, go take care of Jillian., replied Millie with a raspy voice. 

-Drink and shut up., said the blonde girl.

Millie sighed and nodded, taking a few sips from the bottle. She looked over at Caleb who was lifting Sadie's t-shirt to look at the burned places. The brunette got up quickly and stopped him.

-Millie she needs help., protested the boy.

-I know. But she's doesn't have a bra on because, uhm, for some reason. Let me do that. Go help Gaten with Jillian., replied the girl pointing at the crying curly head.

Caleb nodded and walked up to them. Millie checked Sadie's pulse. It was weak, but strong enough for her to survive. Millie lifted Sadie's t-shirt, revealing some burned skin. It wasn't as bad as Millie thought it would be. She knew her girlfriend was going to survive. She just needed the right help.

Suddenly, Finn showed up with help.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: sooooo, yeah. here a new and dramatic chapter. we love stubborn girlfriends. Fun fact: noticed how I never described what Mia looked like? I let you imagine her. Everything about her. How tall, how skinny, the color of her hair, the color of her skin, everything. I never described any of it. So, I am curious to know how you imagined her. feel free to comment