LI

Millie still didn't know who Sadie had come across when those people took over her body. She had checked on everyone except for Rowan and Sabrina. She hoped that neither of them was hurt, because the blood had to come from somewhere. They were both running analysis of the weird substance and comparing it to some liquids that look similar that they found on the internet. Millie was about to open the door but heard some noises inside. Interesting noises. She knocked on the door not wanting to walk in on anything. She heard some giggling.
-C-Come in!, said Rowan.

Millie walked in to find Sabrina sitting on the couch, her hair a total mess and her face redder than a tomato. Rowan was buttoning her shirt up, then turned around to face Millie.

-I'm uh here to check on you guys. Sadie lost control of her body for a few minutes and i found blood but i don't know whose., explained Millie awkwardly.

-Blood? I saw Corey running to the bathroom with his hand on his left arm., frowned Sabrina.

-I asked him though, if he knew anything about it. Why would he have lied?, wondered the brunette.

-It's Corey. I'm sure he has a good reason to lie. Let's go check on him, i'll come with you, I know how to see through him. Sabs, you stay here and when that button here turn red, it means we have a match. Tell us if it gets red., ordered Rowan.

-Yes darling., said the blonde girl not realizing what she said.

Millie smirked and left the room with Rowan, they had to look for Corey. Rowan knew him all too well, and she knows where he goes when he feels lonely. Millie just followed Rowan, lost in her thoughts. She was worried about Sadie. She wanted her to be okay, she wanted her to be her again and not be controlled by some asshole who are trying to use her. Why her? Why Sadie? Of all people, why Sadie? When they showed up, they only wanted Sadie. Why? What makes her special? What makes her unique? And Millie isn't talking about her beautiful smile or her mesmerizing eyes kind of special or unique. What made them crawl out of their bat cave and kidnap a specific teenage girl?

-Stay here., whispered Rowan.

Millie nodded when Rowan turned the corner. There was familiar scent. She then heard water. Rowan saw the skinny boy sitting on the edge of the swimming pool, throwing stones on the water and making them bounce on it a few times before they disappear in the water. Rowan grabbed a few stones and started throwing them as well as she sat down next to him.

-You do know that soon you'll run out of stones if you keep throwing so many., chuckled the brunette.

-I'll dive to get them back once the water isn't as cold anymore., replied the skinny boy looking at the water.

-Corey?, said Rowan looking at him.

-Yeah?, asked the boy still throwing stones.

-What happened?, asked the younger girl.

-Nothing., replied Corey who stopped throwing the stones and started fidgeting with the stones.

-Corey., sighed Rowan.

The boy didn't say anything, he just took off his jacket, revealing his left arm to Rowan. There was a cut. Not very deep, but it would probably become a scar at some point and stay forever. Rowan obviously knew that Corey didn't like physical contact, but the wound obviously hadn't been taken care of.

-Millie, go get the first aid kit please., said Rowan as she observed the wound.

-N-No., replied Corey putting his jacket back on.

-I'll do it. You know me. You trust me. I'll do it, not Millie., reassured the younger girl.

-Promise?, asked the skinny boy.

-Yes. I promise., replied Rowan.

Corey sighed and nodded, as Millie showed up with the kit. He took his jacket off again, not leaving his eyes from Millie. Something was definitely up. Millie hadn't seen Corey so cautious or even scared.

-Corey-, tried Millie.

-No., was all he replied.

-Corey, let her talk please., said Rowan soothingly.

-I know what she'll ask. And I don't want to talk about it., said the boy.

-A-And that's okay, Corey. I just need to know one thing. One single thing. Can you tell me?, replied Millie.

-What... is it?, wondered Corey.

-Was it her?, asked the brunette.

-No. It wasn't her. They took over. She wasn't herself. Her eyes were completely white. I tried to shake her and wake her up, but she...this happened. So, no, it wasn't her. It was them., replied the older boy.

-Ok. Thank you. I'll leave you alone now. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask., said Millie walking away not wanting him to feel uncomfortable.

Rowan stayed behind to help Corey and to talk a bit, but as Millie was walking back upstairs, Sabrina literally ran her over. They both fell on the floor when the blonde's body collided with Millie's.

-Dude, come on., chuckled Millie rubbing her elbow.

-Match. W-We have a match. I n-need Rowan., said Sabrina completely out of breath.

-Okay, okay, take a deep breath. You go get Rowan, I'll check on Sadie real quick and we meet in 5 at the computer, yeah?, ordered the brunette.

-Okay, yes, will do., said the blonde girl getting up quickly and running again.

Millie chuckled at her clumsiness as she ran into the corner of the wall as she turned around. Millie got up and walked to Sadie's room, where she had tied her up. She opened the door, finding Sadie looking out the window on her chair, but not in the same place where she had left her.

-I-I'm sorry, I was bored s-so I moved myself nearer to the window. I can move back if you want me-, rambled the redhead.

-No, no. It's fine babe. Voices still there?, wondered Millie as she walked up to her.

-Yeah., replied Sadie looking down.

-What are they saying?, asked the brunette.

-You don't want to know., said the older girl.

-Please., asked Millie.

-They...They are telling me to murder you. All of you. T-To grab a gun and just shoot you. One by one. Bullet in your head. T-They are describing how easily I could h-hold your neck in my hand as I w-would strangle you... It's a lot, Millie. They want me to hurt you., sighed the redhead looking up again.

Millie nodded as she walked back to the door again.

-I'll be back soon. I love you., smiled the girl lightly.

-I...I love you too., replied Sadie.

Millie left the room to join the others as she had asked Sabrina to do.

————————————————————————
A/N: SUP! aight i know it's been a while, but life has been pretty crazy lately, and school is A LOT of work. Plus our country is to ignorant to let students stay home and do work from home. anyways, see ya soon XOXO