LXIV

-Wait what?, frowned Sadie getting up from the couch immediately.

Millie followed her out of the room and back to where everyone was gathered.

-He's alive. Oh my god., whispered the redhead walking up to Corey.

-Y-You're n-not getting rid o-of me that easily., said the skinny boy weakly.

Peyton was sitting next to him, his arm around Corey's waist, and Rowan sitting on the other side, crying.

-But, how?, wondered the redhead.

-Hello, I'm Maya, Maya Hawke. I saved your friend., smiled a clearly older girl.

-But, he was dead., frowned Millie.

-No, he had a weak pulse. He was choking on some blood that walked the path of the air that a human needs to be able to breathe, so I did a minor quick surgery and tada. I also took the bullet out and sewed it, so now he has a badass scar., explained the smiling brunette.

-Thank you., said Rowan getting up and hugging the older girl.

-Anytime. I mean, y'all did save me, so I guess it was my way to say thank you., shrugged Maya.

-Can I talk to you in private?, asked the redhead leader.

-Sure., smiled the older girl following Sadie to a room that looked like some kind of office.

Sadie closed the door and looked at the older girl.

-Should I sit down?, asked Maya.

-No, no need to. Thank you for saving Corey. Really impressive. Can we count on you to keep helping the hurt and maybe teach Lilia some stuff? We need people like you, who can save lives. We've lost so many people, I think it's time that we start saving people., suggested the leader crossing her arms, looking at her with a serious expression.

-Of course. We'll need some equipment though., replied the older teenager.

-We'll go loot the old hospital again, don't worry. So I count on you to be the boss of the "medical team" I guess?, asked Sadie her expression softening.

-Yes, you can. What's your name kiddo?, wondered Maya.

-I'm Sadie, the leader. Don't call me kiddo in front of others., replied the younger girl.

-Ok, I get it, you want them to have respect. I'm glad that you were the one saving us, Sadie. We're all in good hands here and we have a family that keeps together. So, yeah, thank you., smiled the brunette.

-Anytime., shrugged the redhead. 

-Is there anything else?, asked Maya.

-Nope, that's all. Thank you for listening and accepting my offer. It means a lot to me., thanked Sadie.

-Alright., nodded the older girl walking out leaving the redhead alone in her so said "office".

Sadie sighed and sat on her table, letting her legs hang and swing. Jillian knocked on the door, and walked in.

-Hey., greeted Jillian.

-Hi. Is something wrong?, frowned the redhead looking up at her.

-What? No. No. Just checking on you. You seem...off. And you know, since we went to similar things, I thought that...we could talk? I don't know, maybe I'm just dumb., rambled the older girl.

-Jill, calm down. It's actually very thoughtful of you. I'm here for you if you want to talk about it., replied Sadie shrugging.

-I was actually talking about you opening up. You always bottle everything up. So I just wanted to remind you that I'm here for you., said Jillian sitting next to her friend on the table.

-What if...What if I don't want to?, asked the redhead looking up at her sadly.

-Then we'll just sit here in silence., smiled the older girl pushing her friend lightly making her chuckle.

-I...I just...You think I'll be able to handle all of this. All these new responsibilities. What if I do something wrong?, sighed Sadie her smile fading away.

-Sades, you don't have to handle everything alone. Millie told us about this. We all agreed to it. I'll  takes care of the looting team with Lilia, then Noah and Gaten will make sure that every kid get equal amount of food and necessary supplies, Caleb and Finn and Peyton will train the more sporty ones to defend themselves, Rowan and Corey will take care of their education and of what they need to know to survive, Millie and Sabrina will teach the older ones how to use weapons and shoot with them while you, Sades, you just walk around, making sure that everything is okay and that everyone gets along. We all agreed. We'll do our part, while you just keep your eyes on everything and make sure everything goes okay., explained Jillian.

-Yeah...I guess you're right. God, I'm so glad that you guys have my back. For now, we just need to move the newbies into their rooms. We have enough beds, there are 196 newbies and we have 220 beds. We'll let them choose who they want to share their rooms with, I don't want them to feel like they're being held prisoners. Then, we'll test their qualities, and we'll tell them which activity or skill they'll participate in. That way, we have order in here and we'll be ready if someone attacks us. Plus, we'll have more looting teams and we'll be able to get more supplies that way and we'll also need more cars- Man I need to make a list, there's no way I'll remember all of this. Any-, Sadie got interrupted.

-Everything's written down., said a voice under the table.

Sadie jumped on the table, her hand on her gun and looked under it. There was a young kid, actually writing everything down. She startled as she saw Sadie's hand on her gun.

-I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be here and hidden under the table when I heard you, please don't hurt me., rambled the little kid.

-No, no. I won't hurt you. Can I look at what you wrote?, smiled the redhead reassuringly as she took her hand away from her gun, Jillian observing the whole situation and still sitting on the table unbothered. 

-Wow, you actually wrote everything down. How? I was talking pretty fast and never repeated it., frowned Sadie helping the kid up.

-My brain works faster than the average brain, so I manage to remember everything you said. It's like I can replay it in my brain., shrugged the kid.

-What's your name kiddo?, wondered the leader.

-Priah., replied the young girl.

-Nice to meet. Hey, you know what? Why don't you be like my assistant? You seem more mature than 90% of the people older than you. Yes, including me., chuckled the redhead.

-Really? That'd be awesome., smiled Priah nodding and hugging Sadie.

Someone knocked on the door.

-Come in., screamed Jillian.

-Hey Sades, I was wondering, what should we do with Millie's ex?, asked Caleb.

-Ask Millie. Whatever she says, I'll agree to it., shrugged Sadie.

-Uhm, hey, about Alex...he kinda escaped and is wandering around the building god knows where and uhm...he has a gun., informed Gaten to the rest of the group.

-Are you kidding? I- (takes a deep breath)...I want all the newbies in the big room. Millie stays with them and Lilia, while we look around for them. Get moving., said the redhead seriously.

-Yes ma'am., replied Caleb already walking out.

-Uhm, ma'am?, said a little voice behind her.

-Call me Sadie. What's the matter?, chuckled the older girl.

-Can I come with you? Not to look around, but I saw a computer and some cameras, I could help that older brunette look for him if that's okay?, wondered the younger girl.

-Yes. Jillian, get her to Rowan. Gaten, let's go find this fucker., nodded Sadie walking out with her gun in her hand.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: hello, i have no clue where this fanfic is going buuuut enjoy XOXO