LXXXIX

Olivia woke up, yawning and stretching her legs. Her eyes widened. Was it because she had actually some sleep for once or because Tess is sleeping next to her, face her, her lips parted lightly? Don't ask me. Olivia smiled softly and noticed that Tess had her arm around Olivia's waist, making her blush lightly and become a little nervous, but she liked it. She stared at Tess who seemed relaxed and at peace, making the younger girl smile. She really liked Tess and she didn't want to mess it up. She wanted to take things slow. No pressure. They literally have all the time in the world. Suddenly, Tess woke up abruptly, sitting up, breathing heavily and looking around. Olivia immediately sat up, putting her hand on Tess' shoulder, making her flinch.

-Hey, it's just me. It's just me., said the brunette softly as Tess nodded and tried catching her breath.

-Look at me., said Olivia, the other brunette immediately obeying and looking at Olivia.

-Breathe with me, okay? Smell the flowers. Good, now blow out the candles., tried the younger girl with the softest voice ever, Tess following Olivia's breathing, but the older brunette looked away, her breath hitching and closing her eyes, not being able to calm down.

Olivia put her hand under Tess' chin, making her look up at her.

-Try it. Just breathe with me. Just follow my lead. Look at me and don't think of anything else. Just me and you., continued Olivia as Tess looked her in the eyes.

-Breathe in. Good. Now breathe out. Good, that's good. Again, breathe in. Breathe out., smiled the brunette as she saw the other girl breathing with her.

-This is ridiculous and e-embarrassing., scoffed Tess still not being to breathe correctly.

-No, it's not. Just keep going, you're doing great. Come on., encouraged the younger girl.

Tess nodded and kept going.

-Talk to me. Tell me something about you. Like, what is your favorite song?, suggested the younger girl.

-I don't h-have one., replied Tess.

-You don't have a favorite song?, asked Olivia with an exaggerated surprised tone, making Tess smile lightly, warming Olivia's heart.

-No. I mean, there's some that I really like, but it keeps...kept changing., explained the older girl.

-Oh, okay. Now, tell me what's on your mind?, said the other brunette as Tess continued the breathing exercise, looking at the girl facing her.

-You're beautiful., said Tess out of nowhere, making Olivia blush.

-I don't- I don't know what to say., chuckled the girl nervously.

-Nothing, I just wanted you to know., smiled Tess.

-Tess?, asked Olivia softly.

-Hm?, hummed the older girl.

-You did it., smiled the other brunette.

-What?, frowned Tess confused.

-You're breathing normal again. You did it., elaborated Olivia.

-Oh. Oh yeah, I did., frowned Tess actually surprised.

Olivia just kept smiling and looking at her with a soft expression.

-I'm sorry about that. I don't...You probably think that I'm weird., said Tess looking down.

-What? No, no. First of all, don't apologize for anything that you can't control. And I don't think that it's weird, actually, I think it'd be odd that you didn't have nightmares and panic attacks after everything that has happened to you., replied Olivia.

-You sure?, wondered the older girl.

-Look at me., said the other brunette.

Tess obeyed and looked her in the eyes.

-Hi., smiled Olivia.

-Hey., replied the older brunette as she kept looking away and back at her.

-Stop doubting yourself so much. I know that it's going to take some time for you to trust people and I'll be patient. I like you, Tess. I'm not going anything. Literally nothing can scare me away. Don't doubt even one second that I'd ever leave you. I won't ever let you down or hurt you on purpose. I don't want you to think that I'm just here to kill time. I like you, Tess. I really do. Do you believe me?, explained the younger girl.

-I don't know. I just...I feel like I don't deserve you. I feel like I don't deserve your love and affection and gentleness. I don't feel like I deserve you, because I'm me, while you are you. You are just so amazing. You are literally anything someone could dream about, while I'm just me. I'm just Tess., replied Tess.

-Well, it's your lucky day, because "just Tess" is exactly what I've been looking for. But in all seriousness, Tess, you're more than just Tess. You are you and that is more than enough. There's only one you in this world, and my heart decided to choose you and I couldn't agree more with it. I am so glad it chose you, because I could give you my heart and I know that you'd take good care of it. I just know that I want "just Tess" in my life. But I also want you to know that "just Tess" is more than you think or see. When I look at you, I see...I see you. I see a smart, beautiful inside out person who has been through so much. You think that you're a bad person, but you're not. You're not a bad person. You're a good person, who bad things have happened to. We've all got light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are. That's who you really are, Tess. When I look at you, I love everything I see., continued Olivia as she grabbed Tess' hand gently rubbing it with her thumb, but she had tears in her eyes hearing all of that.

-Come here., said Olivia softly.

Tess didn't waste a second and hugged Olivia so tight, sobbing as the younger girl hugged her bag. She put her chin on top of Tess' head, rubbing the other brunette's back soothingly. She placed a kiss on her head, rocking their bodies slowly.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

-It's open!, said Olivia looking at the door.

Lilia opened the door, confused on what was happening, but shook it off.

-Sadie and Millie want to talk to all of us. Join us downstairs., said the blonde girl.

-Okay, give us a minute., replied Olivia nodding.

-Take your time., smiled the younger girl softly and closing the door again.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: any guesses on what Millie and Sadie might want to discuss? xoxo