Chapter 38

Ello! UPDATE TIME!!!! And it’s an early one too!!!!

I don’t know how much longer this story will be, but I do know that we are nearing the end.

Dedication: @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @BishWhet-_-, @SmilingNiallxxx, @BriannaThornton6, and @taryenckert.

Answer: Bane (all in Bane’s name aha), the riddler, and Loki & quiff, snapback/beanie, 2015/scruffy (with the facial hair because yes).

Words: 2,692!

Enjoy!

P.S I know self-promotion is bad and all but I’ve started a new story called ‘letters to you’. It’s Narry but also a little different than what I usually write. But if you could check it out that would be amazing.

WARNING: May cause eyes to sweat. Please don’t kill me.

--------------------

~Niall~

It’s weird, war is. It’s almost surreal. Standing in the middle of pure chaos- organized chaos. For so long we had planned a war, little battles, lies spread and allies made. But I had never actually imagined I would be standing in the middle of the war. The war that would either bring us extinction or freedom. I had never thought far enough into the idea of the war to think I would be standing here in the middle of it watching the people I considered family die by my side. It was horrific, it is horrific.

Freedom comes with a cost.

That was always something I knew, something I preached in a way. Something I made sure everyone knew- that this war wouldn’t be easy, that lives would be lost and no one would come out of it the same as when they entered. How could someone, after watching friends and family die by their sides, after actually killing someone’s brother or sister or friend, come out of it the same? It wasn’t possible and I wondered if freedom was worth the cost.

Then I realize it’s not just my freedom I’m fighting for, but also the freedom of each village being brought down by taxes and deaths that would be blamed on riders. I was fighting for the people who couldn’t fight- injured, old, or too young. I was fighting for the freedom of all of us. And maybe then, the cost would equal the prize.

Sounds filled the air, war wasn’t a quiet affair. The piercing sounds of dragon’s screams echoed off the walls, the cries of its rider mimicking it. The squelching sound of swords slicing someone open, or of swords clashing together added to reality of the situation. Grunts, and cries, and screams. Heat flooded around us, the fire from a dragon’s breath licking at the people that stood too close, radiating heat to anyone near- whether wanted or not. My eyes locked on my curly haired boyfriend, viciously fighting a hunter, while a soldier crept up behind him.

I dashed through the crowd, making up the short distance quickly while dodging swords and arrows and falling bodies. I came up behind the man, plunging the sword into him quickly, before pulling it out and watching as he fell to the ground. At the same time, Harry had killed the man he was fighting, and quickly turned hearing the heavy thump of the lifeless body hitting the ground behind him. He looked at me, eyebrow raised with a small smirk on his face- one only he would have in the midst of a war.

“I guess we’re even.” He stated, winking before lunging behind me, sword drawn as he fought off another man.

The battle continued like that, but thankfully my plan had worked. Soon roars filled the air, and dragons piled in through the top of the mountain. It was like a never ending sea, and I hadn’t realized how many dragons still lived in the small clans, spread out over the entire continent of Terra Vetus. But even as more dragons flooded in, so did more soldiers and as luck would have it- the king and his most trusted slayer: Des Styles. Now, things just got interesting.