Chapter 18

Another chapter, yay!

Does anyone get excited when you get the notification that this is updated?

Dedication: @obsessedwith5boys (because even though you were far off- I don’t think there is a strawberry flavored pudding- it was hilarious to read and made my day), And @taryneckert (for both the hilarious puns and guessing vanilla), & @NarryDirectioner123.

Enjoy lovelies!

---

~Niall~

I couldn’t decide whether or not to hear him out, his face was pleading and sad and it made my chest hurt even more. He looked like a puppy that was just kicked, and it was heartbreaking. Despite everything that had just went down, I felt the urge to hear him out, to listen to what he had to say. He couldn’t have been that good of an actor, some of it had to be real. I could only hope, and I hoped hope would be enough.

Just hear him out, I heard him speaking with the other boy and he said some things that made me spare him. Just listen to him, and if you still don’t want him around- I’ll eat him. Just for you.” Bane said and I knew she didn’t really risk anything when it came to me, just like I never risked anything when it came to her. He had to have said something incredible for her to spare him. I glanced at the curly-haired boy again, his expression pained, hands in the air showing he wasn’t there to hurt me. No one could act that well, there wasn’t even a chance. Not even that one Shakespeare lad that wrote plays could.

There had to be some truth in the past few days, at least a little bit. So despite my better judgment, I nodded allowing him to speak. Whether he was just spinning more lies, or telling the truth about what really happened the past couple of days I didn’t know. All I knew was that I would give him one chance, because the way he looked so distressed was killing me. The tears in his eyes that refused to fall, the green much darker and soaked with despair, his plump bottom lip that was trembling. It was all driving me insane, and all I wanted to do was hold him and protect him but I couldn’t.

All I wanted was the truth.

“I was- am- a slayer, and you were- are- my target. But you stopped being that the first full day we had spent together, and sure I was still with the king but by the end of that day I saw differently. And I just kept learning, and sticking with you wasn’t because I was assigned to kill you, it was because I genuinely cared for you. I still care for- about- you. I- I just, you’re not a target and you’ve opened my eyes to reality. I’m not some sheltered, mindless killer. I can see the hope in people’s eyes when they see you, I can see the hate in theirs when they look at me and think about what I’ve done. I’ve taken their hope and I can’t do it anymore, I can’t do it knowing that I’ve been wrong this whole time, I can’t do it because I know you. I know you’re such a caring person with a heart of gold, that you have a beautiful laugh, and that you have the weight of the world on your shoulders but you take it anyways because you’re a hero. I couldn’t do it even if you handed me the knife and told me to do it. I’m not the same dumb lad I was when I was told to do it, and I would rather go back to the king and tell him I won’t do it- have him execute me- rather than hurt you. You’ve opened my eyes. Yes, I was a sheltered little slayer, mindlessly killing innocent people that were framed. But the key word is ‘was’ because I’m not like that anymore. I’m not some mindless killer, ‘M just Harry, the harry you know. It started off as a lie, my name was sort of a lie, but after that I was a lot more open with you. After we left Cheshire, I was honest with every new fact, everything I said I loved and hated. Everything except for my name and why I left, and I didn’t tell you because I was scared of this. I was scared of losing you, of you leaving me because of who I was- not knowing who I am. You’re my present and future, the past is behind me- hopefully behind us- and I don’t want to lose you. Please.” He pleaded, and never before had I wanted to hold someone as much as I wanted to hold him. But I still couldn’t make myself move forward to actually do the action. I stood frozen actually, and I bet I looked ridiculous. Harry was still in front of me, his hands still up, bottom lip quivering, eyes shining with tears, and a sorrowful plead in his eyes. But I couldn’t do anything.