Chapter 12

Ello! Update because you guys are ace and I love you all!

Dedication: @Louis-Louis *I used your question too*, @NarryDirectioner123, @SmilingNiallxxx, and @taryneckert (because Niall’s accent man, who doesn’t love it?)

Enjoy!

---

~Niall~

I watched in awe as the beautiful butterfly rested gently on Harry’s leg, and watched his face break out into a small smile in awe of the little creature. I remembered that butterfly well; it was the one I had run into before I had heroically saved Harry from a bunch of thugs. It fluttered its wing delicately, and it looked so fragile- like if you touched it, it would break into a million little pieces that you could never put back together again.

After a minute of staring at it, it got bored- apparently, that’s what I think happened anyways- and batted its stunning wings and lifted into the air. It flew up to me, landing gracefully on my nose for a bit, causing me to go cross eyed just to see it. I could hear the deep chuckle that rumbled from Harry, and I almost rolled my eyes, but I held myself back in fear of scaring away the beautiful little thing perched on my nose. The thing was obviously just teasing me because next thing I know it=s gone, flying off into the forest with its delicate little wings.

I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest and stuck my tongue out at a laughing Harry. I couldn’t really be bothered though, his laugh sounded beautiful. It was the kind of laugh that made you want to laugh along even if he was laughing at you. I smiled widely in response, unable to stop myself from staring at him.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” He questioned slightly frantic and I just shook my head laughing, snapping out of my reverie. He was a beautiful person, but I didn’t want to risk anything. He would leave when we reached our destination, and I didn’t want to get hurt. I didn’t need any more hurt, no more loss, and no more attachment.

You can’t stop the way you feel. It could be true love.” Bane said in my head, while she carefully landed next to me. The sun was now completely under the horizon, and we didn’t have much to start a fire with.

I can try.” I answered back through my thoughts, getting up to look around for more wood. Harry watched me confused, probably because of the way my smile had completely wiped off my face at the thought of him abandoning us. We had only known each other for a handful of days; I shouldn’t be as attached to him as I was.

“Wood. We need to start a fire silly.” I answered back chidingly, like I would with a small child that was confused. He glared, but nodded, and stuck his tongue out childishly. I would miss this.

You don’t need to miss anything. I may not trust him completely but I’m not stupid Niall. I can sense how you feel about him. Maybe you should invite him to stay, in the future when we trust him more, but still maybe. I don’t want you to drown in sadness.” Bane spoke again, the sincerity in her voice causing me to stop. It meant a lot that she was urging me to possibly invite Harry home, back to the clan. I was happy that she was warming up to him, but at the same time I didn’t want to risk something like what had happened to me mum to happen again.

I couldn’t handle that.

“Oh, I’ll um- I’ll help?” He questioned uncertainly, but didn’t wait for my response and instead took off in the opposite direction to look for more wood. I stared at his retreating figure with confused eyes, wondering where the sudden mood switch had come from. I frowned, and tugged at the fabric on my wrist instinctually to make sure my mark was covered. I reached up to touch my back, and felt relieved to feel the material of the shirt I was wearing high enough to cover the other markings. Sighing deeply I finished collecting some twigs and sticks and brought them back to the small circle we had made, tossing them down roughly in the middle.