Chapter 14

I just want to sleep.

Dedication: @SmilingNiallxxx, & @NarryDirectioner123 *I used your question and you both guessed right* and @BriannaThornton6 (you must really be my daughter if you guess each of these right), @abucola, and @mynarrycupcakes.

Answer: SOML and SMG (that decision was one of the hardest ones I had to make)

Enjoy it yeah?

---

~Niall~

This boy will be the death of me.

I’ve decided it’s already official- Harry will be the death of me- and I didn’t mind it one bit. Not that I would actually admit it to anyone but Bane, and even then I wouldn’t admit it to her but she could read me like an open book. There was no way I could hide it from her.

I quietly watched Harry sleep on my chest- he passed out not much longer after confessing he liked my eyes- the fire dancing across his skin making him look like something angelic. His face was peaceful, calm- it always is when he sleeps, not that I watch him often- the fire dancing across his skin leaving an orange glow that blended perfectly with his tanned skin. His hair was a disaster, curls all over the place- they usually end up in my mouth at least once a night- mused and tangled but he still looked beautiful. Light snores escaped his slightly agape mouth; a small trail of drool began to make its way down his face. I knew I would end up with yet another drool stain on my shirt that I’ll have to wash out with some water, but I couldn’t really care less. It was a small price to pay. Occasionally a small snort will leave his lips, or he’ll toss and turn and end up elbowing me in the stomach, but he looked perfect to me.

And that may scare me just a little bit. I mean, like any other normal person, I can appreciate something of beauty, but no one and nothing has ever gained this reaction from me. I had never seemed so in awe with someone or something, it was only him and that terrified me. I stumbled upon someone that lit an everlasting fire in me, but what if he wasn’t the one that would stick around? What if he didn’t feel the same? What if he left, taking my heart with him? I couldn’t handle that, and I was terrified of that actually happening.

It’s been a little over a week and already I had these incredibly strong feelings, cravings, thoughts, and urges that just won’t stop. This happiness has just washed over me and I can’t help but fear it. Fear what has caused it, because he’ll be the only one that can rip it away just as easily.

He was bound to leave, I knew he was, I knew he would and I was already trying to protect my heart from that inevitable fact. It’s begging not to be protected; it’s begging not to be hurt. I don’t think Harry can hear its pleas though.

“Sleep.” Bane commanded in a very motherly tone- although I could hear the sleep lacing her voice- and I just smiled because she reminded me of my mother in times like this: she was caring, motherly, put everyone else in front of herself. She protected me, but some pains are inevitable, heartbreak being one of them.

I sighed, one hand running through Harry’s hair, while the other was behind my head cushioning it against the hard ground of the forest. A small pointed rock dug into my skin, but I didn’t mind it when Harry was practically purring with my fingers in his hair. I closed my eyes, listening to the small snores and purrs leaving Harry’s mouth, and the huffs of breath escaping Bane as she slept. There was a light breeze flitting through the air, ruffling the leaves lightly. The crackling of the fire filled the air too, the warmth radiating and sending me into a peaceful slumber.

--

I was awoken by the sunlight streaming in through the leaves of the trees, surrounding the whole forest in calming light. Harry still snored lightly on my chest, and Bane was still out like a light, but my back was stiff, and I knew I would have a crick in the neck form the awkward position. I wasn’t complaining though, it was definitely worth it.