Chapter 10

Ello friends!

My apologies in advance. This chapter is short, and I’m utterly exhausted so this chapter may just be crap. Sorry.

Dedication: @BriannaThornton6 (cheetos are my favorite but Pringles are a very close second) & @narrylaughs (because your comment was utterly ridiculous but hilarious and I couldn’t stop laughing when I read it.) and @NarryDirectioner123 (because I used your question)

Enjoy!

---

~Niall~

He just stood there, mouth agape looking a lot like a fish out of water. Maybe he was in shock? Information overload maybe? Whatever it was, we couldn’t stop, we had to keep moving and I kind of didn’t want to know his reaction to it all. I didn’t want the sympathetic gaze, the sorry worried eyes, the ‘I’m sorry’ comments- I didn’t want the pity. What happened happened and nothing could change it. I do feel responsible, considering I was the one that blew my mom off that day to go training with the boys. I was a good ‘healer’- a skill I had gotten from my mother- and maybe if I had been there than my mother would still be alive, and my brother would be the leader. But then again, everything happens for a reason, and if Greg had never lost Kassu, then he would have never met Denise, never made Theo. Everything would be different.

Despite the circumstances, despite everything, life was okay- and it was seemingly better now with Harry for some odd reason.

“I-I’m I don’t know what to say. I know you didn’t tell me all that for pity- so I won’t give it to you. But, I just- I’m sorry. I had no idea.” He mumbled and I shot him a smile, already over the whole sadness that had surrounded me during the story.

“It’s okay. If you feel sorry for anyone- feel sorry for Des Styles’ son, he has no clue. From what Rueben said, he doesn’t even know his own father is alive. I’m sure he had his reasons- for everything but still. I’m sure he’s just a mindless Slayer now, someone who doesn’t know the reality of life- just a sheltered black and white version.” I mumbled; back distractedly as we continued moving forward. Somewhere along the rant I had grabbed Harry’s hand and had begun to drag him forward. Even now as he walked along side me willingly, I still clutched his hand in a feeble attempt to stay grounded in reality. I had always been a dreamer.

Bane had taken off, flying high over us, staying hidden in the clouds and behind mountains. I knew she had to be especially cautious around this area- it was one of the most dangerous places for a dragon and its rider. There were Slayers that had permanently resided here, looking out for dragons to shoot down and riders to kill.  

I adjusted the collar of my shirt, making sure my back was covered completely- couldn’t risk showing my markings. The cloth tied around my left wrist was still secure, not slipping or shifting at all and that allowed me some momentary relief. If any slayer just happened to see my markings they wouldn’t even stop to ask questions: attack first then ask questions.

“You know, you haven’t told me much about yourself, and I’ve practically spilled my whole life story with you. Tell me something, anything- happy, sad, sappy, traumatic maybe? I don’t know anything.” I prompted, looking for anything that would rid us of the silence that had consumed us. He shrugged, his hand still in mine and I couldn’t find it in me to separate them. This was slightly frowned upon by some, but hey, Hercules could do it in Greece, so why not? And he’s even a god, that has to mean something… not that I particularly cared much about the opinions of others.

“There’s not much to say actually. I had a good childhood, a lot of training to be something I don’t particularly think I want to be anymore, pretty sheltered if I think about it.” He muttered shrugging and I groaned loudly causing him to glance at me in surprise.