Chapter 34

Hello my lovely readers.

How are you guys today?

Dedication to the incredible:@taryneckert, @BriannaThornton6, @NarryDirectioner123, and @SmilingNiallxxx

Answer: Quiff, beanie, snapback, but I also adore dark and hipster so.

AWESOME pick-up lines guys. :D

I hope you guys like the chapter.

------------------------

~Niall~

It all happened so quickly, there was no way I would have been able to see it coming. One second, everything is okay, the plan is going as it should and it looks like complications will be nonexistent. I spoke too soon, because next thing I know, Harry has just been beaten down by my best mate and thrown in prison. Tom was in the back of the crowd, rushing away when Harry was imprisoned, and I couldn’t help but think about how quick everything went to shit.

The rest of the day was uneventful, I was much too anxious about seeing Harry to really get anything done. The others could tell, taking most of the planning over, and allowing me to think about what would happen now. The war had to happen when we planned it, Tom had to go through with everything. It was the only way to win, to save the voiceless and oppressed. To finally be free.

By the time the sun had set, I was exhausted though. Thinking up ways to prove Harry’s innocence without Tom finding out- it was impossible. If he was released from the cell, Tom would find out. So really, all I could do was tell the riders he was innocent, that it was all part of the plan to win the war and to remind them that Tom was not to find out. They would know, and when the time came they would fight with him, not against him.

I just hoped that it would be good enough.

Sighing heavily, I padded out of my room and down the maze of hallways to get to the cellar or dungeon. The pit- of hell, most riders called it- was wear Harry was, and despite only going to bed with him for a short period of time it was already difficult for me to get sleep without him there. My arms felt empty, the bed felt much too big, I felt cold. My footfalls were silent, not a sound could be heard except maybe the beat of my own heart in my ears. I was worried, worried that Tom could be around and find me sneaking down to Harry, worried that he would try to kill me know that ‘Harry couldn’t’. I was scared of my own home, and it was all because of Tom and the bloody corrupted king. The reality of the situation sucked, but I supposed that was the thing about reality: it sucked.

After minutes of walking, I reached the doorway to the pit, slowly opening it so it wouldn’t creak. I didn’t know if anyone was down there with him, I didn’t know if I had to be as careful as I was. But I couldn’t be careless- not matter what. I couldn’t jeopardize everything, just for Harry. Too many lives would be lost. So, carefully and quietly I walked down the smooth granite steps, trying to keep my breathing and heartbeat down- I felt like they echoed off the walls. When I was almost at the bottom I stopped, voices hitting my ears, but the words didn’t register.

“How do you plan on killing him now that you’re here?” A voice asked, and I could recognize it anywhere: Tom. Harry just chuckled.

“I have my ways. It was the only way to ensure that our plan goes accordingly. In two days, the war will begin and the rightful rulers will win. You just hang low, stay out of sight and out of mind. Stay away from Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Louis unless directly contacted by them first. And don’t tell anyone.” He spoke, his voice smooth and I almost believed him. Believed he was really still a slayer just fooling us all, but then again, his choice of words would have been different if that was the case.