Chapter 42

Hello guys! Last chapter, than an epilogue! Whoop whoop!!! And then a thank you page too, of course. :)

Answer: Spiderman (with Andrew Garfield because like, he’s hot) and the avengers (because Hawkeye) and Vans/ converse.

Dedications: @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @taryneckert, @NarryDirectioner123, @SmilingNiallxxx, @xStylzx, & @nerdx_x.

Words: 2,368 words!

It’s the end as we know it!!! I can’t handle this! Results of the story vote will be posted on the epilogue or in its own chapter.

I hope you guys enjoy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

~Niall~

I was still completely shocked and in awe at Harry getting a dragon, even now a day later. It shouldn’t have been much of a surprise, but it was. My mind racing over what had happened a day prior while we made our way to the castle. The old home to the old king. Harry had taken a horse, riding under us while we rode our dragons out to the castle. Surprisingly, it was not located too far from Hell, hiding in almost plain sight. If the king truly did want to find us, he just had to look a little harder and then the war would have been much sooner. But rather, he had chosen to look at the farthest point of the continent. Although, it seemed that Tom hadn’t told the king where we lived. It seemed he truly wasn’t that bad, he had good intentions (I think) but they ultimately killed him.

I could see the tall castle, overlooking the vast ocean. A ship lingering on the horizon, a red flag blowing in the breeze. The castle looked somewhat lighter, livelier than it had when the king resided in it. The trees surrounding it, bright green, with the sun shimmering off the water in an almost picturesque way. It almost looked like a painting. The sky was a beautiful color of blue, a few puffy clouds breaking the color, while we few through them.

The wind whipped around us, danced around us, shaking up our hair and ruffling our clothes. Carrying with us the sounds of the dancing trees and songs of the birds. It was a welcomed change from the battlefield from a few days ago. It was peaceful, happy, and serene. It was something I looked forward to explore, to see the true horrors of the castle and also the mysteries of the castle as well. No one- no rider at least- has ever been in the castle and lived to tell anyone about it, but I have heard the horror stories of what could have happened, or the stories dragons share about their riders that were held in the dungeon of the castle.

We reached the castle quickly, the light grey color of the pillars on the outside, the faded wood of the large doors. Bane stood next to me, head high, eyes wary. All our lives we had known this as a place of danger, of death and now we were here by choice. There was no reason that Bane shouldn’t be slightly wary of this place. With caution, we slowly walked through the large wooden doors, the hinges creaking a bit when they opened.

Be careful.’ Bane commented, eyeing the place warily. I nodded, smiling over at Harry who had just arrived. He smiled back at me, now going to walk in front of us, his dragon perched watchfully on his shoulder. It gazed at me with suspicious eyes, the gaze flicking to all of us in the room and their dragons, growling slightly. Bane gazed at the little dragon, stepping closer to Harry and Onyx, gently nuzzling her head against Onyx’s. A gesture Onyx returned, his eyes no longer suspicious while it lingered on us or our dragons. I could tell the dragon was still slightly wary of everyone other than Harry, which was completely normal. Although, when his eyes lingered on me, I could tell he was less wary than with everyone else.

My hand entwined with Harry’s, his smile growing impossibly wider at the small gesture of affection. I knew that he knew his way around the castle better than any of us, but even he didn’t have the time or the allowance to wander all the corridors of the castle just yet. If he had, maybe then he would have found his father, or maybe he would have discovered the king was evil sooner. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Wishful thinking, or looking back on the past. Hindsight has always been 20/20. Really, I wouldn’t change anything in the past, because it has lead us to this moment, lead me to this moment. It has lead me to this lad, this love, this freedom and justice. It has lead me to the future, urging me forward, urging me to do more and see more and feel more. And I couldn’t ask for anything better. I wouldn’t want to change the way my life has turned out, I was perfectly content in my little world.