Chapter 9

Hello again!

I messed up a little. Each chapter alternates POV’s and I accidentally made two Harry POVs, so to make up for it, I will be posting 2 Niall POV’s then return to alternating… if that made any sense.

Props to those of you who guessed Batman, you were right! There was actually two answers. The way I got Bane was because of batman’s real name combined: Bruce+Wayne= Bayne… and that was her original name. But instead I changed it to Bane- his enemy. I’m sort of a superhero nerd.

But it seems some of you are too! Or you just googled it?

Dedication to: @NarryDirectioner123, @BriannaThornton6, @SmilingNiallxxx, and @taryeckert- your dragon description was unique too- (for guessing that right!) & @Louis-Louis (would that mean you could see your insides or just not see you at all if you were a dragon?) and @TheFaultInOurNarry_x (for the creative answers)!

Pages: 10; Words:  3,154 words!

Enjoy!

--

~Niall~

I smiled lightly at the thought of my nephew, but it was a sad smile- one that showed the guilt and sadness that I felt. He was getting so big, and I was missing all of it.

Sacrifices. I had to remember that. It wasn’t really my choice, it was either that or allow the king to win and slaughter every rider in existence. Rueben turned around to face me again, this time holding a cloth wrapped package- thin twine keeping the cloth tightly wrapped around the meat that resided inside it.

“I know that smile. You do what you ‘ave to. One day he’ll be older and get to brag to all his little mates about his hero of an uncle. Don’t give up, not because of a little homesickness.” He encouraged, smiling at me as he lifted my head with a finger under my chin. I smiled, reassured, and I couldn’t help but think I was lucky to have someone’s support.

“Thanks mate.” I smiled, glancing backwards to make sure the guards were still occupied and avoiding me- lest they get into any ‘trouble’ with the king- and nodded happily when I discovered they were still occupied. I glanced over at Harry who seemed to be in deep thought. “Now, I here taxes are up again. Is it happening over here or just back home?” I mumbled, leaning over, putting all my weight on the front counter that was in front of me. Rueben sadly nodded, eyes showing his worry.

“It’s been up everywhere. People could barely eat here before. It isn’t looking too good, it’s never a good sign that taxes are up. You think he’s planning on striking- starting this war over again?” he asked worriedly and I sadly nodded.

“If what you told me about this slayer is true, than the king is pulling his last card. If I’m out of the picture he’ll hit and he’ll hit hard. He knows they’ll be helpless without me there. It won’t be war, it’ll be genocide, and it won’t end with just the riders and you know that. I just hope he’s not as good as you tell me he is. Because if the king wins this war- it won’t be good. He’ll be a bloody tyrant. And with concerns of your shop- you’ll be fine mate. I’ve already got you covered.” I answered back sadly, shaking my head at the thought of the brutal murder that would happen if I wasn’t there. “I’ll protect you all with my life, you know that. So, don’t worry. We’ll figure this out, I’ll figure this out.” I answered back strongly, I couldn’t let him doubt me now, I couldn’t have him worrying about it. He smiled back, nodding but I could see the worry still lingering in his eyes. He turned back around, wrapping two loaves of bread in another cloth, tying it up with the thin twine again before handing them to me. I smiled, digging into my bag for the coins I had counted out before we came into town. I grabbed the small bag, placing it on the counter. I slipped the food into my pouch, before pushing the whole bag towards him with a smile.