Chapter 39

Hello my lovely readers!

First things first, I would like to say: if any of you are feeling down or are having a bad day or just need someone to talk to or rant to- I’m always here. It doesn’t matter if we’ve never spoken before or not, I’ll be here to listen or give advice if that’s what you need. Each and every one of you are incredible and special and perfect, and you should never let anyone tell you different nor should you think different. :)

Dedication: @SmilingNiallxxx, @Ciao_Mostro, @NarryDirectioner123, & @XxLifeIsGoodxX.

Answer: Top 3: HADES (cuz he is the shit), Captain Hook, and Scar/Gaston. What Des meant was: he did everything in his power to save his son. No one but the king knew that the only reason Des killed Maura was because if he didn’t, he would have lost his son too- after already losing his wife and daughter- and reasoned that killing Maura would be better than losing his son. He convinced Harry that he was dead so riders couldn’t take Harry and torture him to find Des- because he didn’t know- and the king couldn’t then use Des as a bargaining chip if Harry was to ever question him. Riders were hunted, so the only logical choice was to become a slayer- that way the king (with the power) wouldn’t be hunting Harry too, and Des would never have to kill his own son. When he said that Niall ‘ruined’ his plan by getting involved with Harry, he meant now that Harry had a connection with the riders, he would be put in danger. He would be targeted, and now he was in danger.

I hope that explanation made sense, any questions?

ENJOY!

P.S. This story is almost over and I don’t know how to feel about that…..

-------

~Harry~

My head was pounding, eyelids heavy, abdomen burning when I woke up. I let out a soft groan, fluttering my eyes open before quickly shutting because of how bright the room was. I was laying on something soft, a warm blanket covering my body. The thing I was laying on shifted, a weight pressing down to my right causing me to shift slightly. The familiar smell of lavender hit my nose and I smiled gently, fluttering my eyes open again and allowing them to get used to the light. Niall sat next to me- on a bed I soon discovered- looking down at me with worry and love in his eyes. I opened my mouth to speak, wondering how I got here and what happened but he quickly cut me off.

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again. I was absolutely terrified that I had lost you, you selfish bastard.” He hissed, face completely serious, but then the stern expression broke off to reveal how terrified he truly was. There were tears in his eyes that refused to fall, bottom lip wobbling and for a second I felt absolutely terrible for what I had done, but that soon passed when I thought of what the alternative would have been. He threw himself at me, hugging me tightly while I tried to keep in the whimper from the shooting pain in my stomach. He rolled us over slowly, so that I was now the one lying on him and I sighed when the pain dulled in the new position. But, a question kept jumping into my mind, distracting me from the calm moment.

“How?” I questioned quietly, hoping he didn’t hear it because I didn’t want him to relive that but at the same time hoping he did so I could get some answers. He must’ve heard, and understood the meaning of the question because he looked at me, eyes locking in an intense stare. His hand traveled to my neck, toying with the chilly chain wrapped around my neck. He looked at me like that would have explained everything, but it only confused me more.

“Your necklace, sucus salute- healing juice remember? I’ve never been more grateful for a piece of jewelry in my life. I thought I had lost you, god I was so scared that I had lost you, but then this little vile fell from your shirt and I had never been happier.” He explained, voice thick with emotions while he nuzzled his head into my hair. His arms wrapped tighter around me, holding me to him in a warm and safe embrace. I nodded softly, understanding how I was still alive, smiling softly against his chest. I imagined if the rolls were swapped, a shiver running down my spine at the terrible thoughts.