Chapter 27

Aye! How’s it going my lovely readers?

Dedication to the fantastical: @narrylaughs, @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @taryneckert, and @BriannaThornton6 (rings) & @SmilingNiallxxx, @theblueinhiseyes (Math and English).

Enjoy my lovelies!

So, I was hoping to have this done by Thursday, unfortunately I had to have a tooth pulled and I now have stitches in my mouth. So, all in all I’ve had a pretty pain filled week, but my apologies. I hope this chapter was worth the wait.

(Drama may be coming up pretty soon? *But you didn’t hear that from me*)

I’M IN CALI BABY!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!

---

~Harry~

“I um walked…?” was really the only response I had. I wasn’t  a rider, and they all obviously knew that so why ask? Did I swim? No don’t think so.

“Alright smartass, we can do this the hard way.” The raven-haired lad hissed, stepping forward with his sword drawn.

I didn’t move.

I didn’t draw my own sword, I didn’t run, I didn’t fight back. I did nothing but stand there and look at him. I needed his trust, and I needed the whole clan’s trust because I was falling hard for Niall and I couldn’t be with him if they didn’t trust me- I couldn’t be with him if they killed me.

“Wait! Don’t hurt him please Z!” Niall called out, struggling behind the guy with puppy dog eyes- he kind of looked terrifying but adorable all at the same time and it had me so confused. The guy with the sword out- erm, Z- looked confused and turned to Niall.

“What? What are you talking about Ni? This guy is one of the best hunters out there, why the hell would I not ‘hurt him’?” He asked dumbfounded, everyone else seemed to ask the same question with their eyes. Niall just smiled.

“Because I brought him here.” He answered truthfully, while Louis pushed me behind himself slowly so I was covered. Thank god for them.

“Why would you do that?! Are you suicidal?!?! Look I get it, you miss your parents and all that shit, but they are gone! Gone, Niall and not coming back! Getting yourself killed won’t do anything to bring them back or win this war for us!” He hissed angrily, and I watched Niall literally flinch back at the harsh words being shot at him. The boy in front of him looked taken aback by the words that ‘Z’ had said, and then he looked slightly betrayed and slightly enraged.

I wasn’t going to sit around and watch him knock my Niall down.

“Hey, don’t go bashing him. He didn’t do anything wrong.” I hissed from behind Louis, Niall looked slightly grateful but I could see that the words spoken by his mate had obviously struck a nerve.

“You, you shut the hell up. You have no right to be here, let alone speak like your opinion is wanted. I should kill you; slaughter you like you have other riders, like you slaughtered our family and friends.” He hissed back, his icy glare never leaving me. I was scared, this guy was scary as hell and I was surrounded by unhappy riders that knew about me, but I wouldn’t show it, and I wouldn’t let him beat Niall down.

“I am the leader Zayn, what I say goes. He’s not a slayer any more, if he was he could have killed me many times. I trust him. I’m not asking you do the same, but I am asking that you don’t kill him. I’m asking you to be civil. The first sign that he’s still got some Slayer in him, he’s gone. Deal?” Niall said strongly, and I had to admit it turned me on and surprised me just a little bit with the amount of authority in his voice. He was commanding but friendly, and that took a lot of skill. I could still see the hurt in his eyes though, and that was something that he couldn’t hide and made me angry. I was angry that one of his mates- a really close one it seemed- would so blatantly throw his weaknesses back at him. It wasn’t fair. Maybe he truly did believe that this had anything to do with Niall’s parents, but that was a wrong assumption and throwing that information back at him was a bad idea.