Chapter 36

Wheyhey!

What do you guys think about the new cover?

Dedication: @SimplyObnoxious_x, @BriannaThornton6 (hi daughter), @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @BishWhet-_-, @AndyMeCrazy, @NarryDirectioner123, @SmilingNiallxxx, @obsessedwith5boys, & last but not least @taryneckert.

Answer: Tea, and Glasses, Snapback, and Dorky (like when he has that cute little dorky smile on his face and he just looks so happy.)

Enjoy!

This is not the war scene.

==================

~Niall~

I lie awake, covers twisted around my body, eyes shut tight, ears ringing as my mind replayed the horrid screams from earlier. My body shook, hands trembling, goosebumps running up and down my skin, sweat glistening in the moonlight. I couldn’t get over how pained his cries were, I couldn’t forget them. They ran through my mind like a mantra, not allowing me to sleep. I lay awake, trying to fall asleep knowing what today would bring. It was the early hours of the morning now, and in a few hours the sun would rise, and with it would bring the day before the war began. But sleeping tonight didn’t seem possible, it was even harder than the last night. The bed was empty, sheets cold, an empty weight where Harry would have rested.

The reminder that he went through all of that for us, for me killed me. But in a way it brought the warm fuzzy feeling of love to my heart. He loved me that much, warmed my heart. I knew I would do the same for him if the roles were reversed, but hearing his pain was indescribable- and not in the good way. It was horrible, atrocious, terrifying, it was absolutely brutal. I could see him now though, lying on the cold floor- battered and bruised, and maybe even broken- all alone. He could be dying, and I didn’t want to wake up to find out he had died. I guess that was what I really was terrified of: waking up to find him dead or gone- to find out he decided that he really didn’t love me enough to go through that, to find out he ran.

A small creak caused my eyes to snap open, my door now wide open, the small torch in the hallway illuminating around the person now stood in my doorway. For a moment I wondered who the hell it was that was standing in my doorway in the middle of the night. I sat up, cocking my head to the side, watching the silhouette. But he moved, and a flash of green glistened in the firelight and I instantly knew who it was. Harry. The curls became clearer, and then it was dark again as the door squeaked shut- the only light coming from the moonlight dancing through the window and the small sliver of firelight under the door. There was shuffling, and then my beautiful boyfriend was being bathed in moonlight, and I had to stifle a gasp.

A large bruise sat on his cheek, right under his eye, and I was sure there was places that was much worse than that. I guess that truly seeing it, the results of the torture proved to me that it was all real. That the sounds of agony truly did escape his perfect lips, and he was actually hurt. It physically pained me, realizing he was hurt- seeing he was hurt. It made it all real.

He shuffled slightly, moving over to the bed and carefully sat down. A small pained wince made its way over his face, although I could see he tried to hide it. It made my heart ache for the lad, and I gently wrapped my arms around him.

“What are you doin’ ere? Not that I don’t like it, it’s just-” I rambled, cutting off because of the deep chuckle that escaped Harry’s lips and vibrated through me.

“Zayn let me in, he’ll be back to take me back before anyone wakes up and realizes I’m gone. He says that he can see you aren’t going to be able to sleep well tonight. Not after what happened today.” He mumbled, not allowing me to answer before pressing his lips to mine lightly. “Go to sleep love, I’m right here.” He mumbled again, guiding me down again from where I had sat up. I nodded, puckering my lips for another kiss that he gladly gave me. His hand was laced with mine, the other running through my hair. He hummed a little tune, causing my eyes to droop. And soon, I was asleep.