Chapter 1

Chapter 1

New story, hope you all enjoy!

Pages: 7, words: 2,262

Dedication to: @ShutterSunflower, @SmilingNiallxxx, and @Niallsxxwildgirl (For being so excited for this story)

---

~Harry~

“These blasted dragon riders are becoming even more of a nuisance. It’s time to get rid of them once and for all. I’m intrusting you with this task, Styles, you’re the only one I can count on. Take down the leader and all else will fall into place.” The king commanded. If only it was that easy. There wasn’t really anyway you could say ‘no’ to the king though, is there? I was stuck with this task.

Yes, I was the best, but it didn’t mean I loved chasing down these blasted nuisances. It wasn’t as easy as I made it seem.

“Yes sir. I’ll have his head on a silver platter for your majesty, and the dragon’s head on the side. They won’t be a nuisance any longer.” I replied back swiftly, keeping from rolling my eyes at myself. God, kissing up to people now was I? Then again, you couldn’t really disrespect the king- no matter what your rank and he could just as easily have me killed. I didn’t want to risk that.

I bowed curtly, and turned on my heel kind of eager to take this man down. He’s pretty much evaded every single slayer they’ve sent his way, signing a lot of death sentences while he was at it. It seemed the king didn’t like being disappointed. Thankfully, I never have disappointed him and I’d like to keep it that way. I’m surprised he took so long to ask me to take this pest out.

I swiftly strutted out of the castle, nodding lightly to some of the guards I was familiar with. I would get this boy’s head, even if it’s the last thing I do.

I didn’t really understand much of the king’s hatred for the dragon riders, they were more of a pest than any real threat. I had my reasons to do what I do, but what I wanted to know was why he wanted to end them. There must be something he knew that he was hiding, or something he was scared of.

Maybe they really were more of a threat than the king led on, but in my opinion they were just a bunch of hippies riding giant lizards and singing about world peace. They were ridiculous, and in no way worthy of being known as something feared. Back in the day they were threatening, trying to destroy the stability of life and overthrow the king. I wasn’t alive then, but I heard they claimed the king was corrupt, and living under him was agony. All our elders told us was that they were wrong, and they started a war that didn’t need to be started. Many people were brutally murdered. And the war lasted for ages. Three generations went through that war- my grandparents’, parents’ and mine- it finally ended when I was nine, taking my mother as another fatality. It was then pronounced dragon riding was illegal, and all those that chose to stay subordinate and go against the king’s orders were sentenced to death.

My dad was a Slayer, an amazing one, one of the best, but he died on the job- killing the leader of the ‘Crimson Clan’s wife. He succeeded, but the leader than murdered him. I lost my family to that bloody group of lizard riding ignoramuses. Last I heard, the man that killed my father had died, but in his place he left his son to rule. He couldn’t be that hard to take down. They were the biggest clan out there, and if they fell then so would the rest of them. Just like a line of dominoes.

I smirked, walking into my house (I use that term pretty lightly, it was a shack but one of the best in town; I couldn’t really complain, I wasn’t home much anyways) thinking of a plan to get to the boy that would put a start to the whole domino effect.