Chapter 20

Ello my wonderful readers, how’s it going?

Dedication: @NarryDirectioner123

Answers: Villain: Hades and Movie: Hercules (I couldn’t believe no one guessed this one)

---

~Niall~

He seemed shocked by my words, considering his whole body sort of tensed for a second and his hand stopped moving in my hair, but I was too tired and content to care. But my offhanded remark didn’t affect him nearly as badly as I had expected because seconds- 48 seconds to be exact- later he began caringly carding his fingers through my hair again. I hummed, cuddling farther into his chest, my nose gently caressing the warm skin of his neck and a small smile curling on to my lips. I liked this new position, not as much as holding Harry, but I did enjoy it.

I felt Harry nuzzle his nose into my hair, his warm breath hitting my scalp with every exhale. I also felt when he gently kissed the top of my head, and tightened his arms around me protectively.

“I’m yours, for as long as you’ll have me. You hold my heart.” He whispered into my blonde hair- I didn’t think I was meant to hear it really- and I just barely caught it because it was so quiet and muffled. I made no move to let him know I didn’t in fact hear him, instead opting to stay still and snuggled into his warm embrace. “As long as you’re mine, I’ll be yours.” He said this time louder, showing me he really was trying to answer my previous statement. I nodded lightly against his warm neck, humming lightly.

“Sounds like a deal.” I answered back quietly, my eyes still shut and nose still resting against his heated skin. I shuffled a bit on his lap, trying to get closer to him and just forget about everything- about the impending war that was bound to happen, about my clan, about the people who looked up to me and who depended on me, about what I had learned about Harry earlier- and just reveled in the moment and the feeling of Harry’s strong arms around me. I didn’t worry about what the clan would think of Harry, I didn’t worry about having my heartbroken, I didn’t worry about if Harry could still be playing me, and I most certainly didn’t worry about what tomorrow would bring.

All I was focused on was the steady thrum of Harry’s heartbeat and his long fingers playing with my hair and rubbing my scalp. His soothing breathing and the warmth of his arms added to the effect, quickly sending me off into a dreamland- although, no dream could have been as good as the reality I fell asleep in- my head resting in the crook of Harry’s neck and my body enveloped in his strong warmth.

I woke up warm, very warm, and in pain. I had a crick in my neck from curling up the way I had last night but I couldn’t really say I regretted it. In fact, I loved the way I had fallen asleep and how I had woken up: in Harry’s arms. Sure, it was boiling with the sun raising above the horizon and heating up the earth, the heat from the still ablaze fire, and Harry’s warm protective hold on me. It was almost suffocating, but rather than get up and escape some of the heat, I cuddled further into Harry, relishing in how wonderful it was that I could do it. I didn’t know if Harry would remember our conversation from last night, and I was terrified that he wouldn’t, but I decided not to let my worries flood my mind. I was peaceful- with the green trees, the light breeze, the peach colored sky, and the songs of a few birds along with the steady beat of Harry’s heart- everything was peaceful and I didn’t want to interrupt that. I didn’t want to break that in fear, fear that I would never get that back.

I honestly wanted to stay here forever, hiding away in the peaceful paradise with Harry and Bane and Louis- although I was still a little iffy about him because of his shameless flirting with my Harry- and not have to worry about a thing in the world. My worries were non-existent here, wrapped in a peaceful blanket.