Chapter 22

Ello again! It is very late right now, but I wanted to give you all an update, so here it is!

Dedication: @BriannaThornton6, @abucola, @narrylaughs, @SmilingNiallxxx, & @taryneckert

Answer: Peter Pan, & Where do broken hearts go, Act My age, and Change your ticket are my favorite at the moment.

Enjoy!

----

~Niall~

Harry looked so in awe, it was an incredible sight to see. His eyes were wide and glossy, filled to the brim with excitement, mouth in a small awed smile. He was adorable, a total cutie. I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to just flat out kiss him or coo at him- the first option was slightly more appealing but also had larger risks like rejection- and I was torn between the two options.

“What is ‘The Underground’ exactly?” Harry questioned curiously, still gazing around curiously, trying to take everything he was seeing in. Herc- Hercules- and I laughed at the innocent question, but I had to remind myself that this was his first time experiencing all of this. As far as he knew, none of these ‘creatures’ existed- they were all stories told to frighten children, pieces of folklore- and really he didn’t even realize it to its full extent. I could see it in his eyes. He was intrigued with the setting, the hustle and bustle, the hidden market- not the new types of people, not the new species, not the intricate and unique things to be bought or bartered for- just the idea of a hidden market that only the special knew about.

“It’s a market like any other, except it’s’ not. You see, this market is for the unique- ‘mythical creatures’ and things you think don’t really exist; they do- and they all come here to trade and buy goods. Or just to gather, or trade information. It’s the marketplace for the mythical and the hunted.” I explained, trying my best to actually make sense. I have never actually had to explain what this place was; it’s kind of something I had always known about. I had never brought anyone here that didn’t already know about the Underground. It wasn’t really common to have normal humans- non-riders or non-mythical creatures- in the Underground.

He nodded like he got it, now curiously glancing around again. Now taking in everything. He watched the people, the trolls milling around right in front of us, and the group of fairies giggling in the corner. He glanced over to the witches’ booths, selling different herbs for potions, star hearts, and different interesting trinkets. He was getting overwhelmed, that I could tell. His eyes were moving everywhere, and he was no longer taking anything in just sporadically looking around.

I quickly stepped in front of him, holding his head in my hands and stared into his clouded green eyes. His hands were shaking slightly, so I did the only thing I could think of.

I kissed him.

He was shocked, that I could tell because he froze up. My eyes were still open, but the feeling of his lips on mine just made me melt. But soon his eyes fluttered shut and I allowed mine to do the same.

I reveled in the feeling of his lips on mine, a feeling that made me feel like I was flying. I was in total euphoria. His lips were warm, and plump. And then they hesitantly moved with mine and my self control flew out of the window. His hands came up to cup my neck, and mine travelled from his face to his hips. I clutched them tightly, pulling him flush against my body.

Oddly enough, the kiss was pretty innocent- just the slight movement of my lips against his- our hands stayed put, and there was no tongue involved. When I felt his whole body fully relax against mine, I pulled away- very reluctantly and I had to praise myself for the amount of self control I still had, although it was very, very, limited- and I rested my head in the crook of his neck. My hand was resting on his chest, felling the constant thump, thump, thump, thump, thump of his heart against my fingertips. He heaved out a breath, although it didn’t sound like he hated the kiss. He wasn’t hitting me, so I supposed that was a good sign.