Chapter 5

Now that they’ve met, each point of view will be a continuation of the last chapter, rather than the same day in each POV like the first few.

Dedication: @SmilingNiallxxx (smart cookie you are- London is correct), & @smiley_miley_ (mushrooms)

Enjoy!

---

~Harry~

I struggled in the brutes’ grips, leg hanging painfully while I put all my weight on my other foot. The leader sneered, showing his bright yellow teeth, before landing another punch to my gut with the hand not holding my bag. A shout from behind me drew all of our attentions before they could cause anymore damage. The crook in front of me visibly paled, and I was curious as to who this man was and why he was so scary to someone as huge as the three attacking me. I tried turning my head, but I shifted slightly and let out a hiss as I put a little weight on my hurt ankle.

The two dropped me, as I tried to balance myself on my right leg and watched confused as they scrambled away in utter fear. What the hell? I saw the leader toss down my bag, but I was still too curious about who my mystery savior was. I heard the grass crunch slightly under his footsteps; the sound of him jogging closer filled the silence of the forest. I couldn’t turn and see him, considering I really only had one good foot to use. 

Then he was in front of me, pushing me back gently, making me sit down on a large tree root that protruded from the ground. I looked at him curiously as he examined my ankle and leg. He was beautiful, but he didn’t look terrifying. He looked like a baby penguin, like he couldn’t hurt a dragonfly. But god was he beautiful.

I had always had a soft spot for things of beauty.

He was especially beautiful. His voice brought me out of the small revere I was in, and I only caught half of what he had said.

“- may hurt just a bit.” Was all I caught before there was a pop, then a searing pain shot through my ankle. All the while I was swearing under my breath trying to calm my breathing and not seem so cowardly in front of the beautiful boy that had saved me. He dug through his bag, pulling out a small roll of cloth. He then quickly got to work, mumbling some words under his breath- I don’t think he knew he did that- as he wrapped the material snuggly around my ankle. I watched him with interest, a small smile gracing my features, the task I set off to do: forgotten.

“There ya go, good as new.” He muttered quietly, standing up from his kneeling position. He held out his hand for me, and I gripped it tightly, relishing in the warmth that it held. His hands were big, almost as big as mine and that was saying something. Perfect for holding big things… bad Harry… like my hands. Yeah, that’s what I was thinking.

“Thanks mate.” I muttered gratefully, the thanks having a double meaning- a thank you for saving me, and a thank you for fixing up my ankle. I shifted, wincing when I put too much pressure on my sore ankle, but I could stand on it reasonably well. I would just have to be careful.

“’M Niall.” He introduced, holding his hand out for me to shake. “Niall Horan” I was confused on where I had heard the name before it clicked. Well fuck, that was easy. I pretended to not know who he was shaking his hand.

“’M Harry.” I muttered back, realizing that’s why those crooks had been so utterly terrified. “Harry, um… Edwards.” This was the Niall Horan, infamous dragon hunter? This was the terrifying leader? I almost scoffed out loud.

“You don’t sound so sure about that one, mate.” He responded, and I just laughed off the remark. Trying to think quickly, I had to make up something and quick so he would believe me.