Chapter 13

Dedication: @NarryDirectioner123, @BriannaThornton6, @SmilingNiallxxx, @taryneckert, and @theblueinhiseyes. (you all got at least one right) {I see a lot of the same names, maybe I’m being stalked…. O_o}

Answer: smile, eyes, arms would be my top 3.

Enjoy!

---

~Harry~

I stared at the marking in complete awe- it was a beautiful piece of art. On his back was a set of wings, not just wings, but dragon wings. And in the center, was a crown, resting perfectly between both shoulder blades, and both wings. The wings took up most of his shoulder and upper back area, resting on the shoulder blades and sinking about the beginning of his upper back.

It honestly made him look even more attractive to me.

I didn’t know that was possible. The flames emanated an orange glow, one that casted Niall in a heavenly sort of light. The shadows danced across his pale skin, contrasting with the orange glow of the fire. I lightly traced the intricate marking, watching as goosebumps popped up on his skin and a shiver ran down his spine.

I felt fucking proud to be the one to do that to him.

“It’s beautiful.” I answered the unspoken question, and I could instantly see his shoulders relax. I could sense his fear from the second he took off his shirt. My fingers continued to trace the marking on his muscular back, sending more goosebumps to dance over his skin. As I traced the markings, I watched Niall’s face, watched as the fire danced on his skin and in his eyes- a sort of playful danger that I had never seen before on his features- I craved it. I went over the outline of the marking one last time before I retracted my hand from his warm, muscular back. He let out a sigh- of what seemed discontent- before slipping his white shirt back over his torso, hiding the flawless pale skin that I now knew resided there.

He shot a small shy smile in my direction, tying up his vest again. I shot a reassuring one back, and continued to watch as his nimble fingers laced the vest up again and tied a perfect knot. His hands fascinated me for some reason, long nimble fingers, warm grasp, and calloused palms. It all intrigued me, urged me to grab his hand and hold it tightly in mine- to never let it go, never let him go. But I denied it, denied his hands sanction in mine, denied his warm embrace and the safety that came with it.

He finished lacing himself up, turning to face me again and allowed me to lie back down on him. His strong arms wrapped around my waist, blanketing me with his warmth and surrounding me with a sense of security. I wanted to stay here forever, and I would if I could, but reality always had a way of reminding me why nothing could happen, why he would never trust me- why he never should have trusted me.

My outlook was different, but I don’t think he could ever let go why I had searched him out in the first place. I don’t think he would ever speak to me again if he ever found out- if he decided he wouldn’t allow Bane to eat me that is. Hell, he could even kill me, and I know he’s not the brutal killing type of guy but he protects the people he loves, and he loves Bane a whole hell of a lot. There was no doubt about that.

So, no, there wasn’t a chance for us- no matter how much I wish there was- he would think he was part of some sick little game anyways. I would much rather leave than stick around and risk losing him completely, have him hating me. Either way I would lose him, might as well enjoy the time I have with him, right?

I was snapped out of my saddening thoughts by a deep rumbling under me, and the beautiful laughter spilling from the blonde’s lips. I looked up at him, but he was too busy laughing to realize or maybe he really just didn’t want to acknowledge my questioning gaze.