Chapter 6

I’m glad that I’ve given some of you a new obsession (*cough @Louis-Louis*cough I like the name btw)

I hope you enjoy this chapter, it gives us a little more insight into the whole ‘war/revolution’ and some more insight on Niall and his past.

Dedication: @smiley_miley_, @SmilingNiallxxx, & @taryneckert. (my favorite color is GREEN!)

Pages: 8 on word.

Enjoy!

--

~Niall~

“You ruined it! It was perfect!” I whined, pouting dramatically and pointing at the now collapsed pile of wood.

‘I’m sure it was.’ Bane taunted but her tone was fierce and I could tell she wasn’t too happy with my decision of letting him tag along. I glanced over at him, his face holding the expression of pure shock but no fear. Good.

‘It was a test. And he passed.’ I thought back, trying to calm her down. If she was a cat she would be hissing, hair standing on end.

Don’t compare me to a blasted cat. She hissed, tail coming around to shove me forward slightly. I laughed, bending back down to fix the pile of wood and put it back up into a cone shape so it would be easier to light. I could feel Bane and her smugness, and I could feel the burning gaze from Harry.

“What?” I questioned, smirk etched on my face as I looked up at Harry. He seemed shocked that I could sense his stare, but he wasn’t being very inconspicuous. God he was being very obvious if anything.

“Um- nothing, yeah-h nothing. I was just watching you- I meant like watching you fix the wood not some kind of creepy stalker-ish ‘I’m going to kill you’ watching. Ugh.” He rambled and I smiled, holding back my laugh. I could practically literally feel the protective anger Bane had, and if looks could kill Harry would be a goner. No two ways about it.

“Okay, you may just want to stop before you hurt yourself.” I muttered laughing, before finishing up the cone.

The sun was setting over the horizon, painting the sky a beautiful mixture of pink, orange, yellow, purple, blue. It was a painting that would hang in the king’s castle, only painted by the finest artist in the country. Hold on while I roll my eyes.

I sat on the ground, a protruding root sitting snugly behind my back as I leaned on it. My legs were pulled to my chest for the time being, being careful not to be too close to the wood when it set fire.

“I don’t think the fire is going to- oh.” Harry started, sass clear in his voice, before Bane blew out a little fire- instantly lighting the dry wood. Of course, she was a little tease and made the fire a little bigger than needed, making it reach past the wood and lick at Harry’s long legs. It didn’t touch him, but it did scare him a little bit, I could tell. Again, I had to hold back a laugh but I tried not to show my amusement.

I dug through my bag once again, pulling out some dried meat and bread wrapped tightly in cloth. I would have to run into Cheshire before we left yesterday, with or without Harry. We wouldn’t have enough food if we didn’t, unless he brought some anyways.

The sun had set now, the sky dark and littered with bright little stars. I just stared at them in complete awe, they were beautiful. Something many people take for granted. I spotted a cluster of them and laughed. I looked over at Harry who had a confused expression on his face, and I could sense Bane was confused as well.

“Look you see those three stars lined up perfectly? They look like this ridiculous belt a mate of mine always wears. The stars kind of look like him too. His name’s Orion, the lad’s hilarious. Always walking around with this giant belt that has these three big rocks on them that shine slightly- he’s such a dunce at times.” I answered, still chuckling lightly at the thought. Harry seemed to find the random story comical too because a deep chuckle rumbled past his lips. I smiled at the nice sound, cursing myself for being attracted to the boy.