Chapter 28

Hello readers, me again!!! I know it’s been quite a while, I was on vacation, and since the last update my computer has decided to die. I’m now on my dad’s work computer until I can buy myself a new one. But at least it’s something right? I’m sorry it has been so long since an update, but hopefully now that I have a working computer I will be able to update more frequently once again.

I have to say that two weeks fly by.

Dedication to: @obsessedwith5boys (I used your question, also very unique answer), @abucola, @NarryDirectioner123, @mynarrycupcakes, @taryneckert, @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @SmilingNiallxxx, and @narrylaughs

Answer: Jurassic park trilogy, Harry Potter, and Spiderman (with Andrew Garfield because)/ Transformers.

Enjoy!

----

~Niall~

It was one of the best things watching Harry look around awed at the place I called home. Sure, it was a bit run down, a bit makeshift, a bit different but it was home. To me, it was some imperfect paradise, despite what others entering our camp think. It was different with Harry though, instead of looking at the place with disgust or fear that it would collapse on him as he walked through the doorway, he looks intrigued and awed and interested. He looked happy. Both Harry and Louis wandered around the front area, looking at all the different trinkets my family and I have collected over the years with an utmost interest. It was adorable. They are like a pair of children in a sweets shop, trying to see everything they possibly can before they are kicked out. I chuckled, but they were too entranced in my knick-knacks to notice or care.

Of course, Louis had sort of grown on me- it wasn’t really that hard to accomplish really, Zayn says that’s what’s going to ultimately kill me- but watching Harry, his eyes alight with excitement and wonder, was something I wish I could do every day. So, you couldn’t really blame me for not watching Harry and Louis, but really watching Harry. He was adorable and had really grown on me. It was a beautiful kind of pain in a way. I knew what he was, I knew who he is- or at least I think I do, and no I don’t doubt him for a minute- but there’s something utterly enticing about thinking that he could just turn around and kill me. It was truly a way to play with death, a sort of sick enjoyment of standing too close to the edge of a cliff and teetering towards falling off. An adrenaline rush to say you were this close to death and managed to evade it. It was a kind of thing I had dreamed of for months after my mother’s death, and even now I think of it now and again. It gives me some kind of high, but at the same time it twists my gut and makes me want to throw up. I’m not some thrill seeker, at least, not more than any other rider. It’s what we do- we play with death, we enjoy the thrill, we enjoy thinking that any minute could be our last- we ride dragons for Pete’s sake.

I know, I know that Harry isn’t like that. He’s had plenty of opportunities and used none of them, and I know he has a heart despite popular belief. I know him, probably better than almost everyone, and I can’t help the surge of pride that shoots through me at that knowledge.

I smile softly, watching him curiously examine ‘the eye’ one of the prized artifacts of the riders. Rumor has it, that that specific artifact can make anyone a rider, that it controls us and dragons alike. It sorts who is worthy from those who aren’t. If it were to be given to the king, he could rule us, become one of us- a rider- but he would also throw the world off balance, and chaos will be the only thing left. That one artifact keeps the world spinning, and unending chaos at bay. But it wasn’t really rumors, considering no one knows what it does but me and a select other few. I watched with a soft smile as Harry reached out to lean on the velvety red ‘wall’ unable to warn him in time as he plummeted towards the table crashing against it with cherry red cheeks. I chuckled lightly sending him an apologetic smile; he glared at me playfully and stood back up. I carefully made my way over to the pouting boy, wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing his neck gently.