Chapter 32

Hey guys!

Any of you use vine?

Dedication to: @taryneckert (I used your question, and you guessed right) &@_larrys_boobear_, @SmilingNiallxxx, and @BriannaThornton6.

Answer: Dino Tv show all the way!

Enjoy!

(Jamming along to music as I write this, its actually an interesting thing to see.)

WARNING: This chapter may contain smut.

-------------

~Niall~

There has always been something great with waking up. There’s this moment where everything is peaceful and serene and perfect. The worries of yesterday forgotten and the events of today completely unexpected. Thoughts unaltered, mind quiet. You just see everything around you, but you take nothing in. A perfect slice of paradise to start the day, and then reality crashes in and steals the perfection. I was living in that moment, thankful that reality hadn’t really made an appearance quite yet.

My head was resting on Harry’s muscled chest, bouncing up and down with each of breath. Our legs were entwined, his strong arms wrapped tightly around me. His hair was mused, cheeks flushed, eyes fluttering in his sleep. He looked cute. I loved seeing him like this: vulnerable, defenseless. He didn’t try and act tough, or try to hide how he was truly feeling. He didn’t watch his every move to make sure he didn’t do something wrong. He was peaceful and innocent and didn’t have anyone to please. I loved moments like these.

But of course, reality had to crash in at some point. We were now another day closer to the war, and I was utterly terrified. I couldn’t be, but I was- I just didn’t show it. How could I? I was meant to be the brave, strong, fearless leader that led them into battle. I couldn’t show them my fear; I couldn’t show I was weaker than they thought I was. They needed someone that was almost god like, fearless and brave. Someone that would build their confidence, encourage them to fight with everything in them. They needed someone who actually wanted a war. I didn’t, but I did want freedom and war was the only way to achieve that goal. I needed to be strong for them; I needed to act strong for them. But strength wasn’t measured by how fearless you were, but how you overcame those fears. I just hoped that when it came down to it, I could be strong.

I was scared, but no one saw that. No one but Harry. Somehow he saw it and held me close, whispering promises and sweet nothings in my ear until I could see clearly again. He built me up, told me that I could do this, but I was scared that when the first shot is fired then the wall will crumble down and I will still be that terrified boy. I was scared of letting everyone down.

I took a deep breath, willing myself to calm down. Working myself up would not help, it wouldn’t prepare me for the battle that would soon be upon us. It had been 5 days since the party, since I had informed Tom of the ‘party’- the day he planned on slaughtering us all on. He was a damned coward, attacking when he knew we would all be unarmed- when he thought we would all be unarmed. He had left four days ago, and right before Harry had mentioned that all the dragons would be out to mate for the entire night. He said it had worked, and that Tom truly was a traitor. Somehow I wished that wasn’t the case, that we could keep postponing this war for a while longer- that we could keep people alive for just a bit longer. Unfortunately things don’t always go the way you want them to.

The day of the war was creeping up, now only three days away. Preparations were being made, but everyone still felt like it wasn’t really real. We all believed that the war was just a fantasy; something that wouldn’t actually happen- some way or another- like it was some far off nightmare that would never come true. We wanted the freedom, so we had to fight. Not everyone would see freedom, and that thought saddened me.