Epilogue

It’s officially the end, and I may just cry when I post this chapter. It’s a hard day, this story has become my baby and I can’t imagine finishing it, making it officially complete. I want to thank each and every one of you. I appreciate every vote, read, and lovely comments, they truly made my day. There will be a thank you page after this, and hopefully a soundtrack for the book. And then, the story will officially be over. And I will cry.

Dedication: @xStylzx, @NarryDirectioner123, @SmilingNiallxxx, @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @Ciao_Mostro, & @obsessedwith5boys.

Words:

Enjoy :)

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

~Harry~

I laughed loudly, the wind whipping through my now longer hair, Onyx chuckling in my head. Niall yelled at me, calling me a cheater, but he was just a sore loser. Bane playfully glared at us from where she was flying, Niall still hollering from where he was sat on her back. I laughed again, calling out to him and telling him he was a sore loser.

“You cheated, that doesn’t make me a sore loser.” He called, but there was a smile on his face showing me he wasn’t truly angry about the fact that we had beat him.

“You’re just old!” I called playfully and he gasped loudly, Bane growling darkly.

“It’s on!” Niall called, sitting back and hunching forward and I mimicked his position, knowing what was coming.

“On 3, 1- 3!” He called racing off, and I laughed loudly, not at all effected by his lack of counting skills. We raced again, Onyx speeding up so we were side by side to Bane and Niall. I smiled cheekily, before we dove and twirled, soon gaining the lead. We passed the castle, the official end zone, and I cheered playfully again as we won. Niall pouted, and I almost told him that he had won- even if he truly hadn’t- because no one likes seeing Niall Horan upset, but I didn’t.

Onyx landed on the ground, a happy chuckle ringing through my head when I got off and started dancing like a fool, and I shot my dragon a wink. We had grown incredibly close, and we had the bond that riders and their dragons share. I could have never imagined a bond like this, a bond so strong that I feel like we are one in the same. In a way, we were, and that helped most when we were flying, or if one of us needed support or guidance. We were a pair, an inseparable duo, and I would have never imagined my life would turn out like it had. I still felt the loss of my family, but I had a new family now. I had a support system, a family, a lover. My life had turned out pretty great.

Bane landed next to Onyx, and she gently nuzzled her head under his. He had grown quite a bit in the past 2 years, and now he was a little larger than Bane, and still growing a bit. The pair had also become quite fond of one another, and I was glad. They got along well, as did their riders. It was good, very good.

Niall hopped off, pouting dramatically at me while I continued to dance wildly. I let out a loud laugh when he wrapped his arms around me quickly, dancing up my sides. He laughed along with me, but soon stopped after a few seconds, effectively stopping my victory dance. He nuzzled his head under my head, his nose running up and down my neck causing goosebumps to form and a large grin to settle its way on my face. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, his arms staying around my waist while we watched the sun dip under the horizon painting the sea in different colors. Oranges and pinks and yellows and purples danced over the sea and in the sky. It was beautiful, as was the person in my grasp.

He looked up at me- in the two years since the war I had grown quite a bit, ending up taller than him by a few inches- eyes shining with happiness. I could honestly say mine reflected his. He pecked me lightly, whispering ‘I love you’ against my lips. I smiled into the kiss, answering back with ‘to the moon and back’.

We glanced up, seeing a little butterfly flutter past us. Its wings dipped in orange that faded to green, a blue pattern dancing up the edges. It was a small thing, probably a little baby, and I was proven correct when a larger version of that little butterfly fluttered up to it. I vaguely remember seeing it, the innocent and beautiful thing having shown itself to us on several occasions. I smiled, seeing it had started a family of its own, that it had found its home.

Niall wrapped his arms tighter around me when he spotted the beautiful creature too, his hot breath fanning over my neck and a brilliant smile on his lips. And then the pair was gone, fluttering away and off into the horizon. We both sighed happily, but suddenly Niall pulled back. He looked at me with wide eyes, eyes filled with understanding. I looked at him questioningly, watching as he paced for a minute mumbling to himself. I began to get worried, curious about what was running through his head and why he was acting the way he was. But then he was in front of me again, eyes filled with love and happiness and the worry faded away. And then he knelt down on one knee, and my hands flew to cover the gasp of surprise that escaped it.

“Harry Edward Styles, we have literally been through hell together. We’ve fought side by side in a war- a war you didn’t even need to fight. I love you, so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up every morning to your crazy hair and light snores, and I want to fall asleep with your head on my chest and your arms wrapped around me. I want to protect you, keep you safe. I want to love you, for the rest of my life. I want to grow old with you, to watch our dragons fall in love. I want to be there for you, in everything you do, with every step you take. I want to take care of you, and I want to forever be able to goof off with you. I want to have fun with you, race with you, act childish with you no matter what age we are. I want you to love me even if I’m fat and old, as I would with you. I want you to be mine forever, and I yours. So, Harry- the love of my life- will you marry me?” He questioned, eyes shining with love and happiness and a little bit of worry. But my answer rid his eyes of all the worry.

“Yes.” I insisted, laughing into a kiss when he jumped up and kissed me. We both wore smiles, bodies molded together. And in that moment I thought: even if the world was burning around us, I had my world in my arms.

I was finally home.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Sobs, because it’s finally over.

Was that ending worthy? Did you enjoy it? Did it fit? How do you guys feel about the story? About it ending? Are you happy that you decided to read it?

I’m honestly so hesitant to click that completed button because I don’t want this story to end.

Again, a huge thank you to each and every one of you. For each lovely comment, or vote or read. Or even those of you who have messaged me just to tell me how much you like this story, or fan art, or ideas. I want to thank each and every one of you for taking the time out of your day to read this story. It truly means a lot.

Now, the next thing I post will be a thank yous page, and then. It’s over. Oh God, I can’t handle this.

You are all amazing, you are all beautiful, you are all smart, you are all perfect, you are all worth it. Never, EVER, let anyone tell you any different. Just because this story is ending, does not mean you should listen to the lies of others. Keep being yourself.

xx Val