Chapter 29

Wheyhey! Another update because I’ve been a little short on them lately.

Anywhore, heads up, drama is a comin’.

Dedication:@NarryDirectioner123 & @taryneckert (I used your questions), @SmilingNiallxxx, & @Jesserocerous (you both got it- Can we dance?).

@BriannaThronton6 how do you not listen to the vamps? ;P

Enjoy!

----

~Harry~

I had a feeling that there was something more between Zayn and Niall, more than either of them let on. Just by the jealousy, and protectiveness that was now showing through both Zayn’s words and demeanor. The others must have noticed as well because they were all cautiously watching Zayn lest he explode in a storm of anger and hurt and jealousy. I didn’t know exactly what was happening, but by the way his voice broke at the end of his last little rant, it couldn’t be something miniscule for him to have been feeling that bad.

His angered glare caught my eyes, but they softened somewhat for whatever reason that was.

“You know better than anyone that he isn’t the only one that’s ever done this. It’s in the past, over. You don’t give him enough credit; he doesn’t deserve how he’s being treated. You need to trust me on this Zed, I’ve never been wrong about anything this big before. Trust me.” Niall spoke softly, calmly and kindly and I was now more than ever intrigued as to what he meant, as to what their relationship was. Was he a third party in a love triangle? Or maybe they had a weird three person relationship. Friends with benefits before one of them called it off? Were they ever in a relationship before or was I just making things up to justify the jealousy radiating off Zayn? All I knew was I was jealous of Zayn, he seemed to have something intimate with Niall, whether it was sexual or brotherly I didn’t know, but I knew I didn’t know him like Zayn and it was pushing me to the edge.

I chanced a glance at Zayn again to see him nodding solemnly, his eyes soft but pain hid behind the golden color of his eyes. A pain only l could see, at least that’s the way I saw it. I couldn’t see Niall’s expression, and the other two were caught up in their own conversation no longer paying attention to the argument at hand.

“Zed.” Niall said, reaching out to reach for the boy as he turned to walk away.

“I get it Ni, but remember the past. We learn from our mistakes, from others’ mistakes. I just don’t want that to happen again.” He said, sincerity in his voice and I was curious to what he meant. Is he talking about what happened with his mother, or something else?

“I’ve learned from the past. I took someone in a while ago too, someone that no one wanted here, but he’s here and happy and accepted. He didn’t kill me, and I know Harry is the same. Trust me on this. Everything will work out as it should.” Niall said gently, hand on Zayn’s shoulder. I watched them curiously, and again that odd feeling of jealousy ran through me. Now, it wasn’t just directed towards Zayn, but also to the other person that he had taken in. The other person he had faith in, the other person that could have destroyed him but didn’t. “Now, you can join us if you’d like but I have to show Harry and Louis to their quarters. It’s a day of rest and celebration now, the war preparations can wait until tomorrow.” Zayn nodded, walking alongside Niall as he walked over to me. They both wore small smiles, and as they approached me Zayn stopped right in front of me with Niall behind him. Yes, I had heard the whole conversation, but I still didn’t trust Zayn much- whether it was because of jealousy or the fact that he still probably hated me- not until I knew that he wouldn’t try and kill me in my sleep. He held out his hand, and I flinched backwards slightly, scared he would hit me. But, it didn’t come. Instead, when I looked at his hand it was open, extended in front of him and I knew what he wanted.