Chapter 24

So, this will be my last daily update. As you all know, this story was for Nanowrimo, and it has hit it’s 50,000 words with this chapter (without including those dang author’s notes)! But now hopefully chapters will be longer!

Dedications: @BriannaThornton6 and @taryneckert- I liked your trinket a lot as well (I used each of your questions) & @abucola.

Answers:

Enjoy!

---

~Niall~

I could feel Harry tense up beside me, his hand clutching mine tightly like it was begging me to make the caller disappear. Sadly, I couldn’t- I didn’t really have that ability, but it would be pretty wicked if I did- so instead I just held his hand tighter. He looked as scared as I felt- if I was being completely honest- I wasn’t ready for this conversation to happen so early. It was bound to happen though, especially with the clan being a day trip away- but I was hoping I still had that night and day left to prepare for it. Thinking quickly, I spun around with a response on the tip of my tongue while I made sure that Harry was still facing the other way.

“No, I don’t think you do.” I answered, and then locked eyes with the person who had said it. I smiled widely, feeling the anxious fear wash off of me being replaced with playful relief.

“I think I do.” He answered again, stepping forward. Although he was just being playful, my arm tensed around Harry’s waist when he lifted his hand to spin Harry around. He did in fact go through with the movement and spun Harry around. Harry’s expression was adorable though. His eyes were squeezed shut, face scrunched up like he was trying to make it unrecognizable but instead looked like a baby that had gotten lemon in its mouth.

It was bloody cute.

The only flaw to his plan- my best guess was that he was hoping that if he couldn’t see the person than they couldn’t see him in return- was that it didn’t work like he probably hoped it would, in fact it only made me smile widely at how adorable he was.

“H, open your eyes love.” I insisted, nudging him slightly. He kept his eyes squeezed shut, shaking his head and puffing out his cheeks. I sighed dramatically, and rolled my eyes lovingly at the boy. “Have I ever led you wrong since we met?” I questioned, trying to help him out. Not only was I drawing attention, but so was his reaction and the fact that he was trying to hide himself. He shook his head ‘no’ slowly, his face softening softly to show me that he was thinking it over.

“Then open your beautiful jade eyes for me lovely.” I whispered, ducking so I would be right in his eyesight when he opened his eyes, my hands on his cheeks that were no longer puffed out. He nodded slightly and I smiled softly. His eyes fluttered open, revealing the beautiful emerald eyes that I love so much- erm, I love his eye color, yep- when they locked with mine. He smiled nervously, but looked up from where I was slightly bending and over my shoulder.

His eyes widened, an angry and shocked and relieved expression washed over him and I laughed lightly.

“Louis- whatever the actual fuck your middle name and last name is- you bloody wanker! You god damned bastard! How the fuck could you do that to a person? Blimey! I was about to shit myself.” He hissed out, and I honestly had to admit that angry Harry was hot as hell. His fists were clenched by his sides, when they weren’t waving around and drawing more attention- Harry had a habit of speaking with his hands I noticed- to us, and himself. I put a hand on his shoulder, gently rubbing at the muscle to ease the tension.

Thankfully, Harry relaxed some, glancing around to see we had gathered a crowd but only relaxed more into my hold. He turned so he could hug me, his arms going around my waist as I held him closely by his waist. My hand went to rest on his hip, while the other snaked up his body and into his hair gently playing with the slightly greasy but soft hair. And then he was putty in my hands, melting into the magical touch of my hands. I smiled, kissing the top of his head gently.