Chapter 30

So, hey guys! I'm sorry that this chapter is later than I would have liked it to be, but I was sick with food poisoning.
Sorriez?
Anywhore, how was your new years eve?
I got a new laptop, technically its a tablet but it has a keyboard so... more updates coming soon hopefully. Also thanks for all of the get well messages, I truly appreciate each and every one of them.
Dedication to: @PointlessLoony (36 actually but y were closest), @Narrydirectioner123 and @taryneckert (the vow was the closest answer.)
I don't usually watch chick flicks either, so it made the question just that more difficult. Its actually 'The last song' that is my favorite.
Enjoy!

------

~Niall~

I knew the risks if bringing Harry out with me tonight , but I also knew that I had to do it. It would be the only way, to show that I was serious about my decision to let him stay. He wasn't going anywhere and the sooner everyone realized that, the sooner we could move on to more pressing matters- like the impending war with the King and this Slayers.  I gently laced our fingers together sensing the nerves radiating off him with the thought of having to deal with a clan of riders- many of which who have lost someone important it him or any other slayer. That was the thing about stereotypes, it didn't matter what the person had in their heart, they were judged by a generality - by what they would do based off a few peoples actions.

He put on a tough face though, masking the nervousness that was practically radiating off him as we made our way through the halls and out of the place I called home.  I squeezed his hand reassuringly, smiling gently before we stepped out to join the party. Music blasted loudly , mixing with the cheers and chants of the party. Smoke coasted over the floor from the large fire pit in the center of the party. Dragons dance and swirl around in the air, the majestic air surrounding them as their riders celebrated under their wings. Cheers erupted as I stepped out, despite Harry walking next to me. Thankfully the majority of people were either too drunk or too into this party to really want to start anything. I smiled brightly walking down the steps with Harry following closely behind me, his hand clutching mine tightly in his warm grasp.

The crowd moved with the music, groups of people chatting happily  with each other and I smiled at how happy everyone looked. It wasn't like happiness was a rarity, but seeing everyone so together and happy, just lifted my spirits even more. It had been a while since we've had reason to celebrate, and even longer since we've actually celebrated so this was a nice change.

As we walked into the crowd, greetings were shouted at us from the left and right. I shouted greetings back, or just waved in the general direction of the greeting, and soon enough Harry was smiling and swinging to the beat as we continued to walk further into the crowd. I spotted Zayn and Liam dancing closely, and as we locked eyes, they both smiled softly nodding their heads in greeting to both Harry and me. I smiled widely, glad that even though Zayn hasn't accepted him, he's trying. I chanced a glance at Harry to see him smiling widely, and I almost literally cooed at how freaking cute he looked. The light from the fire hit his face perfectly, the shadows dancing across his cheek bones and making him look like some kind of mythical creature. He looked almost godly. The light glinted in his eyes, his smile wide and carefree. It was something I would love to have seen over and over and over again- to have painted a picture to keep forever. I was already so gone for this boy.

The crowd hopped and danced, drank and ate. It was a happy time, a happy moment before the seriousness was to come. It made everything a little easier to stomach in a way,but at the same time it distracted from the reality of what tomorrow would once again bring. It was a moment to forget the war that was coming, the status we hold, forget the lives that would be lost and the lives that already have. It was a moment to be young and free,to celebrate our lives and our existence and to not have to worry about every choice we make. It was our time, something we had been waiting ages for.