Chapter 62

Aiden still kept me secured in his warm embrace as a young individual slowly approached us. This olive-eyed redhead, around the same age as my partner, was dressed in a cerulean long-sleeved shirt over a dark tank top, a pair of sweatpants, and navy blue sneakers. Just like the RED fire mercenary, he had burn marks exposed on his skin, but only along the side of his neck and all over his hands. However, one thing that made him quite distinguishable from Aiden was his voice. When that blue-cladded man shouted a while ago, a slight accent was heard from him, but I couldn't determine what it was.

     "So we meet again, amigo..." He stood a couple feet away. "¿Qué te trae a ti y a tu linda princesa aquí en este hermoso día?"

     "Excuse me?..." Aiden stood up from the bench with a puzzled expression.

     Wait...Spanish? Never once in my life had I imagined that a popular video game pyromaniac would speak such a passionate language. And plus, I actually didn't remember hearing his accent since that encounter with the BLU members in the swim shop. Come to think of it. Pyro's identity basically remained as a mystery to all gamers out there; so due to this, TF2 fans came up with possible, yet interesting theories about the fire mercenary's background. Now here in this situation, two fire mercenaries were now standing face-to-face, both with different accents and from opposing teams.

     "Sorry, I was asking what brought you and your cute princess here." The redhead in a blue outfit scratched the back of his head. "Forgot that you don't speak Spanish..."

     "My darling and I are on a date, and don't call me 'amigo'." Aiden answered in a serious tone. "You're from the BLU team. What are you doing here?"

     "Came here to visit the carnival. Well, not just that..." He moved in closer before completing his statement. "I'm also here to steal your girl."

     "Hell no! Not on my watch!" The RED mercenary got triggered by his rival's words. "I'll never let you snatch (Y/N) away from me!"

     "Are you sure about that?" The blue-cladded enemy sneered. "Because it seems I got the upper hand."

     "Huh? What do you mean?"

     I remained in Aiden's arms, fearing the worst that might happen. Taking a few steps back, the doppelgänger lifted his hand up to the level of his lips, emitting a piercing whistling sound. In just a few seconds, figures immediately appeared from their hiding spots. Some from game booths, others from carnival tents. Even a couple of them poked their heads out from clustered leafy branches of nearby trees! Now more scared than ever, the fire teammate and I held each other protectively, for we realized that his rival brought some company...the rest of the BLU team.

     "Bloody hell..." Aiden gritted his teeth. "You gotta be kidding me."

     "Surprised to see us, ya ugly moron?" The Bostonian removed his baseball cap, allowing sunlight to shine upon his face still marred with a black eye. "We're not done with your stupid team yet, even after what that frickin' knucklehead did to me!"

     "Affirmative!" Their blond American friend frowned as he appeared to have scratches and bandages on his cheeks and around the eye area. "If that sorry sack of scum were here with you, I would gladly claw my way down his throat and tear out his very soul!"

     Hearing what those men said, I began to remember how Jeremy and Jane dealt with them during my previous dates. The first one basically threw a baseball that landed right at his rival's eye. The latter allowed a wild raccoon straight from the forest to attack his counterpart. Sure, those enemies deserved what they got for their kidnapping attempts; but unfortunately, things were getting quite worrisome for Aiden. Unlike his offense friends, he had to face the entire BLU team! How could one fire mercenary stand against a group of nine men?