Chapter 16

"(Y/N)! Get back here!"

     "No I won't!"

     I panicked as I ran away from a shadowy hooded figure. Racing down the neighborhood underneath the starry sky, I scanned around for any other path to take. As soon as I did, I made a sharp right turn and entered a dark alley.

     "You cannot hide from me!"

     Along the way, I took another series of turns here and there, hoping that the stalker would lose me; but throughout the chase, I could hear distant angry shouts getting slightly louder. Running through a labyrinth-like area, I desperately looked around for any spot to hide; but before I could, the stalker pounced on me from behind, pinning down both of my arms and legs. At this point, he pulled off his hood, revealing to be none other than my unwanted ex.

     "L-Let me go! Help! Somebody save me!" 

     "No one will save you..."

     I cried for help as I struggled in the captor's grip. While holding me down, the attacker brandished a steel blade that shone under the pale moonlight. As I was still screaming, the knife was raised before it plunged right into me...

~~~~~

     "No!"

     I suddenly sat up from bed, crying as I hugged my Pyro plush. Looking around my bedroom as the mercenaries were sleeping, I was relieved that it was just a nightmare; but still, the man in my dream had me traumatized. Due to my scream and sobs, the Aussie who was lying next to me woke up. 

     "Lil' roo?" Sniper slowly got up and wrapped his arms around me. "Are you alroight?"

     I shook my head as tears welled up in my eyes. Seeing that I was feeling uncomfortable, the Aussie pulled me closer to wipe my damp cheeks with his thumb.

     "Let me guess. You had a noightmare?" The blue-gray eyed man saw me nod in response. "What was it about?"

     "Cameron stalked me." I answered. "H-He chased me nonstop and...murdered me."

     Saddened by this, Sniper wrapped me in a hug, soothing me as he rubbed my back in small circles. As I rested my head on his shoulder, the Aussie couldn't help but to feel like his blood was boiling.

     "That bloody wanker..." He thought to himself. "He makes me wanna put a hole into his forehead. Once he is done, Oi'll be sure to make moi lil' roo happy."

     After a few minutes, a faint snore was heard. Sniper looked down to only realize that I was already sleeping comfortably in his arms. Chuckling a bit, the Aussie carefully laid me down and stroked my forehead. 

     "Sweet dreams, moi luv..."

     As he said that, he softly pressed his lips onto my cheek. Lying down, the assassin pulled my body into a loving embrace, letting me snuggle on his warm chest. Smiling, Sniper watched down on my sleeping form until his eyes became half-lidded, eventually making him drift off to sleep. 

(Third Person P.O.V.)

     It was around seven in the morning when golden rays peaked from the horizon. Just as usual, Soldier was the first of the nine men to wake up, feeling refreshed from a good night sleep.

     "Ah...such a beautiful morning." The American mercenary grinned as he slowly climbed out of his sleeping bag. "Today's gonna be another good day for--huh?"

     His blue orbs laid on a sight before him, noticing (Y/N) with the Aussie together. Seeing this, Soldier quietly shook the rest of the mercenaries from their slumbers.

     "Wake up, maggots!" He whispered-shouted at them. "Get up! Get up!" 

     "Ugh...what is it, Mr. Loud Guy?" Scout groaned as he sat up from his sleeping bag.

     "Da." Heavy joined in. "Why leetle Soldier waking us up?"

     The American placed a finger on his lips, signaling his Bostonian and Russian teammates to keep their voices down. Using the same finger, he pointed in the direction of Sniper snuggling with the lady very close. The mercenaries couldn't believe their eyes.

     "Vhat the..." Medic's eyes widened as he looked down at (Y/N) resting her head on the Aussie's chest. "Vhy are zhose two cuddling together?"

     "Mrph Mrrph? Mrrph Mrph Mrrrrrph."

     Everyone looked at their masked teammate, giving him confused looks. That was when Soldier turned to the shortest mercenary.

     "Hey Engie, mind translating what your best friend said?" The helmet-wearing American asked. "We don't understand 'Pyronese'."

     "Sure thing, pardner."

     The Texan asked his fire-loving pal to repeat what he said a while ago. To the rest of the team, all they could hear were inaudible muffled sounds coming from underneath that gas mask. However, what they noted were Engie's eyes widening and his face turning red after Pyro finished speaking.

     "Well how am Ah goin' to say this?" The emerald-eyed man turned to the others. "Pyro mentioned that there are two possibilities. It's either (Y/N) moved around in her sleep and ended up in Sniper's arms without knowin' it...or," he sweated a little, "they were makin' out before fallin' asleep."

     At that last bit, the mercenaries started to fume. While hoping that it was probably the first assumption Pyro made, they absolutely didn't like the sound of the latter as some of them unsheathed their melee weapons.

     "Mon Dieu!" An angry tone was evident in Spy's words as he revealed his butterfly knife. "I hope zhat filthy bushman didn't do zhat to ma petite fleur!"

     "Aye!" Demoman agreed as he pulled out his sword. "That headshottin' Judas betta not do anythin' to lassie!"

     "Whoa whoa! Calm down, everyone!" Engie motioned his team to settle down their weapons. "Besides, we are still not sure why they're cuddling together!"

     "That's roight. You blokes don't know anything 'bout it!"

     The rest of the team turned around to find the Aussie assassin already awake, leaving (Y/N) the only one still sleeping. Giving them a stern look without his aviators, he was sitting up in bed with arms crossed, frowning that his friends were jumping to conclusions.  

     "Well then," Soldier continued, "care to explain why you and Cupcake were sleeping like that?" 

     "Mate, Oi had to comfort her last noight." Sniper answered.

     "What happened?"

     "She had a bad dream 'bout that bloody wanker."

     The Aussie went on and described in full detail about (Y/N)'s dream. Now that everything made sense as to why he was snuggling that close to the lady, his friends' angry expressions were quickly replaced with apologetic looks. 

     "Poor Cupcake..." The American mercenary sat down on the bed to watch (Y/N) sleeping quietly. He gently stroked her cheek, just soft enough to prevent from disturbing her rest. "My heart aches to hear that my little eagle is not okay."

     "Heavy does not want leetle (Y/N) to get hurt." A gentle Russian pulled the bed comforters up the girl's chest so that she would feel more warm. "Heavy thinks we should cheer her up, da?" 

     "That's right!" Scout agreed. "Maybe we should make a surprise for sweet cheeks! That way, she'll feel better and maybe forget all her worries! Whaddya say, guys?"

     "Zhat sounds like a good plan!" Medic agreed with the Bostonian boy. "But vhat should ve do?"

     "Don't worry 'bout a thing, fellas." Everyone paid attention to a Texan as he had something in mind. "Ah have an idea!"