Chapter 64

"Ah...Heavy thinks weather is very nice today..."

     It was around ten o' clock while our Russian teammate drove our vehicle under the warm sun, towards the direction of Downtown (city name). Though the ride had been about twenty minutes, Demoman was already napping at the back row, resting his head on my lap. As I gingerly stroked his hair, I looked out the window, observing cars zooming on the streets and pigeons taking flight in the clear sky. Just as we made a full stop at a red light, located in an intersection between the shopping center and an arts district, the taller mercenary looked at a rear view mirror to notice his Scottish friend snoring quietly.

     "Oh? Leetle man dozing off already?" The Russian let out a small chuckle. "Heavy only drove for not long."

     "Yep." I continued combing my fingers through his dreadlocks gently. "Perhaps he's trying to get sober first."

     Heavy nodded in agreement while his blue eyes still fixed their gaze on the road. Seconds later, the traffic light turned bright green, allowing our car to resume moving forward. One by one, the Russian passed by intersections until he reached a certain street, turning left on it. Observing outside, I realized that we entered a cul-de-sac full of unique architecture that housed boutiques, cafes, and bars. In addition to that, right at the bulbous end was a huge, ivory marble fountain surrounded by assorted flowers including roses, hyacinths, and harebells. As soon as we arrived at a drop off point, the Russian got out of the vehicle and walked around to not only open our door for us, but to also wake up his teammate.

     "Wake up, leetle Demo." The taller mercenary gently shook his shoulder. "We're already here."

     "Huh wha—" The Scottish RED member immediately opened his brown eyes, sitting up quickly from his nap. "Wait that fast?"

     "Yep." I giggled a bit. "You were sleeping during the entire ride, Tavish."

     Chuckling to himself, Demoman hopped out of the car and lent me a hand to take. Holding it, I carefully got off and brushed my skirt a little, fixing a cross body bag over my shoulder. Before anything, I turned around to to see the Russian who was returning to our car, getting back on the driver's seat.

     "Thanks for the ride, Heavy!" I waved at him.

     "No problem, leetle (Y/N)!" He gave a thumbs up. "Heavy will be driving around town. Call me if you and leetle Demo get in trouble!"

     And just like that, the Russian mercenary drove away, exiting from a street until he disappeared. At that point, the Scotsman took a breath of fresh air as he viewed around Downtown (city name).

     "Ahh...What a pleasant mornin'..." Demoman sighed in content before smiling at me. "Let's go now, lassie! I can't wait ta take ya somewhere!"

     "So where are we going, Tavish?" I asked, feeling curious.

     "You'll see."

     Guiding through the crowd, the demolitions expert held my hand and led me around shops and cafes, passing by them one by one. A couple minutes later, we entered a small cobblestone alley where numerous people were seen traveling through. I had no idea where the path would lead to, but the mercenary and I followed along. Walking down several feet, we finally reached the end of that passageway, only to find ourselves in front of a shrub-covered iron gate. Shielding my (E/C) eyes with a hand from the golden sun, I got a better look at our destination, realizing that Demoman and I had arrived at a gigantic botanical garden.

     "Why Tavish..." I took a couple steps forward to gaze at all of the lush greenery. "This place is beautiful."

     "Thought it would be nice ta bring ya here, lassie!" The Scotsman grinned. "And look!"