Chapter 89

Warning: Themes of violence in this chapter!

~~~Meanwhile, at an unknown location~~~

(Your P.O.V.)

     "Ugh...where am I?"

     I couldn't remember much about that night. What I only recalled was heading down to the kitchen for a glass of water...until everything went black. After what felt like hours, I slowly opened my (E/C) eyes, only to be welcomed by eerie silence and darkness. I tried getting up, still groggy from an uncomfortable nap; but then, I felt something coarse and bristly. That was when I instantly realized both my wrists and ankles were bound in thick ropes.

     "Hello?! Is anyone there?!" I cried, struggling to be freed from those rough, braided strands. "Please help! I'm tied up!"

     No response. Just as I thought that no one was present, a small chuckle echoed throughout the room, making me jump a little. Within seconds, all lights turned on, finally brightening the entire room that appeared to have nothing but a couple worn out sofas, a coffee table, and of course, a filthy mattress where I slept. While I squinted my (E/C) eyes to get well adjusted to this sudden illumination, some figure came into my view: a very tall and muscular man cladded in a ripped tank, black pants, and combat boots. Sporting a pair of goggles and a bandana, he looked down at me, showing off his smug expression. That was when he began to speak.

     "Well, well, well...look who's finally awake..." He locked eyes on my tired form. "You've been out for quite a while, little girl. Actually got up just in time."

     "Who are you?..." I questioned him, still writhing in pain caused by the ropes. "And what do you mean—"

     A door immediately swung open, revealing four more men who entered the room. The first of them appeared to have lanky build with a mustache. The second was in a tactical suit and balaclava, accessorized with some high tech eyewear. The third was concealing his face in a hood. And when the fourth individual came into view, my face immediately turned pale as I recognized him.

     "Wait...Cameron?!!" I felt nothing but fear and anger. "What on earth is going on here?! And who are these people—"

     "Easy, girl. It's going to be alright~" My ex assured, circling around me like a vulture hovering over its prey. "My men and I are not gonna hurt you. Just relax, will you?~"

     "I WILL NOT!" I became infuriated. "I left you for a reason! All I wanted is to be free and happy! But you?! You made my life like a living hell—"

     A hand slap landed on my face, silencing me. Hissing in pain, I felt the stinging sensation on my now reddened cheek, dampened by tears streaming down from my (E/C) eyes. Right above me, Cameron scoffed at the damage he caused, not caring about it.

     "Such a weakling..." He shook his head, expressing disappointment in a mockingly way. "You know, you should've stayed with me years ago. Since you left, I became completely heartbroken. I couldn't imagine life without you. Hell, I needed you back! But on that day? That day when I saw you with that man?! That made me wanna punch his ugly mug! YOU'RE MINE, NOT HIS! YOU HEAR?!"

     "I-I'm not yours, Y-YOU F**KING ASSHOLE!" I cursed at him, choking back my sobs. "He and his friends will get you for this! You'll never take me back—"

     Again. Another slap to my cheek, but harder this time. Once my face hit the cold floor, I dared not to look up again, knowing that face of the devil was staring down at me. As Cameron was preparing to hit me one more time, a gloved hand quickly grabbed his, stopping him.

     "Boss, that's enough!" That hooded assistant reminded him. "Just leave her alone already!"

     "The hell! What the f**k is wrong with you?!" My ex bellowed, surprised by his action. "Do you wanna get beaten up?!"