Chapter 1

It was a peaceful morning like any other. Just a new day starting with cloudy white sheets, covering from above. It was so quiet that only mourning doves could be heard cooing in nearby trees. This silence went on until multiple cars and children could be heard, for there was a summer school located nearby. 

     You were a young lady who lived in a beautiful two-story house in (city name). You recently graduated from a prestigious university with a degree in bioengineering. It had been a couple of weeks since your graduation, but you had yet to find a job. Yes, many people said that you can easily land in a job with a degree you have. But there was a problem. Almost all of the available jobs you found online pretty much required prior work experience, which unfortunately, you didn't have. During your college life, you were studying at advanced-level classes that you hardly got the time to have at least a part-time job. So in the meantime, you were relaxing in home with your family.

(Your P.O.V.)

     "(Y/N)! LOOK OUT!" 

     I heard someone shouting my name when I realized a rocket coming right towards me. I was about to scream until a fast boy grabbed my hand and sped away with me before the rocket collided at the ground.

     "Good thing I saved ya on time! Come with me, (Y/N)! I'll take ya to a safe place!"

     I tried to get a better look at the boy who sounded like a Bostonian. During the run, I managed to get a glimpse of a baseball cap on his head and a bat in his right hand. But there were questions in my mind. Who was he? And how did he know my name? My thoughts were interrupted by more explosions occurring nearby on the field. The boy knew he had to keep me safe that he started calling for help.

     "Guys! I found (Y/N) in the battlefield! Those BLUs tried to get her!"

     Battlefield? Wait, I'm in a battlefield?!! Now it made more sense considering the exploding rockets and bombs. And the BLUs? Who were they? I was deep in my thoughts until eight other men appeared and took me and the boy inside a large building. 

     We were safe...for now. As the explosions slowly ceased, the men gathered around to inspect me, just in case I had any injuries along the way. I was sitting on a provided couch when I looked up to the nine men, including the boy who saved my life. It seemed to me that all of them were in red uniforms, but each of them were dressed differently. One man had a gray helmet covering his eyes. One had a strange gas mask. One had an eyepatch. One was a big, tall guy with a bullet bandolier. One had a yellow hard hat and black goggles. One looked like a doctor with circular glasses. One had aviators and an akubra. And the other was in a suit with a balaclava. Wait...These men looked way too familiar. Have I seen them before? I was about to say something until a short man with a yellow hard hat walked up and placed a hand on my shoulder.

     "(Y/N), are ya alright, darlin'?" He asked.

     This man standing before me had a Texan accent. I finally started to respond.

     "I'm alright, Sir. But where am I?"

     The group of men exchanged confused glances with each other, as if I said something wrong. Then the guy with the akubra sat beside me.

     "Ya...don't know where you are, sheila?"

     I shook my head to the one who sounded like an Aussie. He gave me a concerned look before answering my question.

     "Sheila, you are in Teufort." 

     My eyes widened. Teufort? Wait...that also sounded familiar. Have I heard this place in a video game or something? I looked back up to all of the men around me as I asked another question.

     "So guys...how did you know my name?"

     They were about to respond until my vision became blurry, and loud sounds started ringing in my head...

~~~~~

     In a few seconds, I suddenly woke up from bed when I heard knocks from my door.

     "Sweetheart! Just letting you know that I'm leaving for work!" My mom said before heading out.

     As I heard her footsteps fading away, I couldn't help but stare at the ceiling, thinking about what just happened. It was just a dream.