Chapter 44

(Third Person P.O.V.)

~~~Meanwhile, at an underground lab~~~

     "Ugh! Nothing's working!"

     Infuriated, Cameron flung an Erlenmeyer flask across the room, watching it shatter on a wall and spill out its contents. It had been several hours since he and his assistant started developing concoctions and performing numerous chemical trials. Unfortunately for them, none of their creations showed any desired results.

     "This is so frustrating! I tried mixing a little bit of this with that together, and yet I couldn't get it to change into the right color!"

     "Calm down, boss!" The hooded individual stared at him, wide eyed. "That's the sixty-eighth flask you broke! I think it's time for you to take a rest and..."

     "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" The stressed leader interrupted him, his voice echoing through the entire room. "There has to be a solution to this!"

     "Why don't we ask one of our henchmen to work on it for us?" His sidekick suggested. "He's skillful in chemistry like you are."

     "But he only specializes in creating explosives!" Cameron argued.

     "Why not the German one? He practices medicine, right? I'm pretty sure that guy could develop a strong medication or some sort."

     "He claimed that he's a cardiovascular surgeon! Unlike his crazy red rival who lost his medical license and now owns pesky birds that love to nest in people's chest cavities!"

     "Maybe the Texan can help!" The assistant recommended. "After all, he's a practical problem solver!"

     "Correction. A MATHEMATICAL problem solver!" Cameron commented with a disappointed look. "All he does is spending time lecturing about his favorite equation on a chalkboard!"

     "Hmm..." His friend paused for a moment. "I guess we can ask their offense teammates for some ideas!"

     "Have you ever played Team Fortress 2 before? Or even watched some of their animated shorts, at least?" The boss questioned with anger in his voice. "For heaven's sake! That youngest one can't read! That fire-obsessed, ugly monster loves unicorns and tea parties! And that guy with a helmet? He's such a dunce! He can't even count to three!"

     As Cameron went on and threw a fit in the lab, the mysterious hooded man sighed heavily, seeing that he ran out of options to appease him. However, just as he was going to give up, a few knocks were heard from the door, alerting both him and the leader.

     "Come in!"

     The iron door opened slowly to reveal all of their henchmen, now weak and terribly exhausted from their mission. Noticing the unhappy expressions on the men's faces, Cameron went towards them.

     "What happened?" He questioned sternly. "Did everything go as planned?"

     "Actually...we failed, Sir..." That voice coming from one of them trailed off.

     "WHAT?!" Cameron bellowed. "THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!"

     "We're sorry boss, but-"

     "DON'T 'SORRY' ME! AND DON'T JUST STAND THERE BECAUSE YOU ALL LOWLY SERVANTS FAILED YOUR TASK! PLAN SOMETHING ELSE TO GET BACK AT THEM!"

     All of the henchmen flinched at the boss's command and saluted to him before leaving the lab immediately. As Cameron resumed working on his concoction, the hooded assistant did nothing but to watch from behind, feeling guilty for the way his boss treated those men.