Chapter 52

~~~The next morning~~~

     As a golden ray of light peaked at the horizon, I slowly opened my (E/C) eyes, feeling fully refreshed from a good night sleep. Turning my head, I noticed that both Pyro and Spy were still cuddling next to me, letting out quiet snores as they slept. I had to get up and reach for my smartphone, but my body had limited movement since their arms were wrapped around my form. Without thinking, I planted soft cheek kisses on both of the two mercenaries who eventually woke up.

     "Good morning, guys." I greeted them.

     "Morning, firefly." The fire-loving teammate leaned on one arm to stroke my hair.

     "Did you sleep vell, ma chérie?" The Frenchman hugged my form more before nuzzling my neck lovingly.

     "I really did." I nodded my head. "How about you, guys?"

     "Pretty well." Pyro slowly sat up until he heard a sudden low sound. "Say firefly, was that your stomach?"

     "Y-Yeah..." I felt it grumble again. "I'm a little hungry."

     "Oh? Leetle girl is hungry?"

     All three of us turned our heads to the Russian who happened to wake up from his sleep. Stretching his muscular arms, the tallest mercenary climbed out of his sleeping bag before walking over to my bed.

     "If leetle girl is hungry, then Heavy will make tasty breakfast."

     Within a few seconds, the Russian took me by surprise by picking up and carrying my body over his broad shoulder, taking me out of my room.

     "Whoa!" I clung to him tightly. "Wait what about my mom?! She might see you!"

     "Don't worry, leetle girl." The strong mercenary assured. "Heavy saw message on phone. Your mama already left for work early this morning."

     As a response, the other two teammates got up from bed, following both of us from behind.

     "Fat man! Please be careful vith the lady!" Spy scolded. "You might drop her!"

     "Come on!" Pyro whined. "Please let us take care of firefly instead!"

     Despite his teammates' words, the Russian ignored them as he resumed carrying me over his shoulder, going downstairs to the kitchen. At this point, the rest of the mercenaries woke up from their slumbers, noticing that a few of their friends just exited my room.

     "Whoa whoa!" Soldier jumped up and headed out the door. "What's going on here, maggots?!"

     "And what's that bloody wanker doin' with lil' roo?!" Sniper questioned as he followed.

     "Yo guys!" Scout went after them. "Wait up!"

~~~Timeskip by Heavy and Natascha~~~

     "Mmm!" I took a bite of some fluffy goodness. "This is so good that I can eat more of these!"

     "Why thank you, leetle girl!" He smiled and gave me a gentle hug. "Heavy makes best syrniki that even his leetle sisters love them!"

     Stacked on the dining table were plates full of traditional pancakes topped with various fruits, jams, or even melted butter. When Heavy was cooking in the kitchen I noticed that he mixed in some sort of cheese ingredient into the batter, along with the traditional flour, eggs, and sugar. Aside from that, he added a hint of vanilla extract which made his cooking sweet and flavorful. Everyone else was seated, trying out their friend's breakfast dishes as they spoke.

     "M-Mmm...Wow! This is tasty!" The Bostonian let out a muffled compliment, stuffing his mouth full of pancakes topped with berries and jam. "M-Mm...So cheesy too!"

     "Scout! Please swallow first before you speak!" Spy facepalmed. "Clearly, you don't have any table manners."

     "Whatever." The youngest teammate ignored his comment.

     "Be lucky zhat your mother is not here." The Frenchman added. "Or she vould give you a slap to the face."

     The rest of the mercenaries started teasing Scout, who then pouted for being reminded on what his mother would've done if she were present. Giggling a little, I turned to the Russian to give him a warm embrace. Developing a light pink dust on his cheeks, Heavy smiled and returned a gentle hug as well.

     "Thanks for the breakfast, Mikhail." I gave a quick peck on the cheek which made the tallest teammate blush even more. "Do you think you can teach me how to make them someday?"

     "Why of course." Heavy nuzzled my forehead lovingly as his arms were still wrapped around my form. "Anything for you, моя маленькая принцесса (my little princess)."

     As everyone enjoyed their food and resumed their conversations, Spy suddenly cleared his throat as if he was going to say something. That was when his friends looked up, paying attention to their French teammate.

     "Pyro, I have an important question for you."

     The entire room went silent. Hearing those words, the RED team and I looked at the fire mercenary, whose olive eyes now met the mahogany ones of the man before him. Feeling curious, he began to respond.

     "Yes, Spy?" Pyro got butterflies in his stomach. "What is it?"

     Before anything, the suit-cladded teammate rose up from his chair, walking towards where the unmasked one sat. Slow, clicking sounds of his polished shoes echoed throughout the quiet dining room as Spy gave his younger friend nothing but a deadly, serious look in the eye. By his facial expression, he seemed to be unhappy about something. Something that lingered on his mind for far too long that he couldn't take it anymore.

     "Vhat exactly did (Y/N) dream about last night?"

     The rest of the mercenaries went wide eyed, glancing at me and then at Pyro. Feeling my chest tighten, I began to worry on how Spy and the others would react; but most importantly, how did the Frenchman know that I had some dream? Surprised, the fire teammate gulped a little, taking time to formulate an answer in mind. However, before he could respond, one of his friends jumped in.

     "Wait a minute! Cupcake had a dream?" Soldier took off his helmet to reveal his azure eyes. "Pyro, I wanna know what that was all about!"

     "Ja!" Medic agreed. "Vas it a good dream? Or a nightmare?"

     "Uhh..." The fire-loving teammate began stuttering. "I-I don't know what you guys are t-talking about—"

     "Don't lie to me!" The French mercenary interrupted as his dark eyes bore into the pyromaniac's. "You zhought zhat I vasn't avake last night?"

     My heart started to pound. So that sneaky Spy was listening to our secret conversation, going unnoticed the entire time? I thought that he, along with the others, were in a deep slumber. How was Pyro going to explain the details of my last night's dream? Taking a deep breath, the young red-haired man stood up from his seat, coming face-to-face with his French teammate.

     "Spy, in firefly's dream..." The pyromaniac gulped a little. "She and I had sex with each other—"

     "VAIT VHAT?!!"

     And then the fight and drama of the rest of the mercenaries ensued.