Chapter 4

(Your P.O.V.)

The next day was colder than yesterday. Fog outside my bedroom windows became so dense that it was difficult to see other buildings from far away. I was sleeping in my favorite thick blanket that kept me warm. Despite the cold weather, I managed to get a good night sleep without any interruptions.

I slowly opened my eyes to the ceiling, feeling refreshed from the many hours of sleep I had. Everything seemed normal until I felt something...or someone I had to say. I turned my head sideways and my (E/C) eyes suddenly widened, for I found a bunch of men sleeping all over my room, including the two next to me in bed! I pulled the covers up my chest and screamed at the top of my lungs which woke them up, causing them to scream back as well.

"W-WHO ARE YOU, GUYS?!! AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?!!" I panicked as I looked at them.

"We're sorry, miss! W-We can explain--"

"JUST TELL ME WHO YOU GUYS ARE--Wait..." I stopped yelling to have a look at them. Was I dreaming? Because I swear these guys look a lot like those characters from Team Fortress 2; but in this case, they looked realistic. Indeed, all of them were cladded in red, and some were wearing hats as well. I then decided to confirm my suspicions by attempting to point each one out by name.

"Scout?" I pointed to the boy with a baseball cap on the floor. He seemed surprised that I knew his name, but he nodded in response. This scared me even more.

"Soldier?" I could hardly see his face since he was still wearing a helmet, but he reacted the same way as Scout did.

"Pyro?" A gas-masked man happily giggled and waved at me. He didn't look scared at all.

"Demoman?" The Scottish guy was still drunk as always, but he responded with an 'aye'.

"Heavy?" The gentle giant looked at me while holding his weapon, but he nodded.

"Engineer?" I looked at the man who spoke to me a second ago. Like Scout, he became shocked when I said his name. He gave me a sign which meant 'yes'. Then I looked at the remaining three men. Two sitting up next to me on both sides, the other at the foot of my bed. I turned to my right.

"Medic?" The doctor in his lab coat stared down at me with his blue orbs. He frankly nodded, pushing his circular glasses up a little to get a better look at me. Then I turned to my left.

"Sniper?" The Aussie still had his vest on, while his rifle was propped up against the wall. He didn't have his aviators on though, but then he nodded in reply with a reassuring smile. Finally, I turned to the last man lying down in front of me.

"Spy?" The Frenchman who smelled of a combination of cigarettes and wine had his face still covered in a balaclava. As a simple gesture, he gently took my hand and softly pressed his lips on it. His response, "Oui," came out from his mouth.

This didn't make any sense. Of course, these guys were the mercenaries from my favorite video game. But I still didn't understand. How did they become real? How did they end up in my room? Why were they here? I was so overwhelmed by everything around me that I suddenly fainted in bed.

"Miss!" All of the mercenaries shouted, but I already passed out.

(Third Person P.O.V.)

The lady slept comfortably in her bed while the mercenaries wondered what to do. It had been like fifteen minutes since (Y/N) fainted. Medic was monitoring her with his hand gently placed on her forehead, making sure she didn't develop a fever or something.

"Guys, we gotta explain to this dear lady about our situation." Engineer looked at everyone with a serious expression on his face. "But to be honest, there's somethin' special about her."

"Ja, like how did zhis fräulein know our names correctly?" Medic added.

"Exactly, Doc. We just entered this place last night. And yet, she already knew our names before we could introduce ourselves properly." The Texan quietly walked towards the bed and gently sat next to the sleeping woman without disturbing her. He looked at (Y/N) dearly as he softly stroked her cheek. "But oh boy, ain't she a beauty?" A blush appeared on his face as he started to stroke her luscious (H/C) hair.

Even the other mercenaries developed a pink tint on their cheeks as well. Little did (Y/N) know that all of the men instantly fell in love with her when they first stepped into her life. As if they had never seen a woman for such a long time. Everyone was admiring her sweet, sleeping form until knocks rang from behind the door.

"(Y/N), is everything okay? I heard you scream a while ago."

It was the mother, and the men had to act quickly. That was when Spy came up with a clever plan by disguising himself as the lady and clearing his throat to imitate her voice.

"Everything's fine, Mom!" The disguised Frenchman replied in (Y/N)'s voice. "Just a bad dream!"

"Alright, sweetheart. Just making sure! I'll be heading to work now. See you later, dear!"

As the mother's footsteps faded away, everyone sighed in relief as Spy turned back into his normal self.

"Vell zat was a close one."