Chapter 7

"Hey mom!" I greeted her as I opened the door for her.

"Hello sweetie." My mom smiled as she entered. "Smells nice in here. Did you cook dinner?"

I was about to say something until she walked into the kitchen, checking the pot on the stove. Inside of it was some delicious beef and veggie stew that Engie cooked. The mercenaries and I already finished our supper some time ago; but fortunately, there was plenty enough for my mother to try. She took a ladle from a drawer and tasted a sample of it.

"Mmm. This is really good! How did you cook this?"

I wanted to explain about Engie and the other eight mercenaries, but I knew that my mother would be unhappy if I had any visitors, especially guys, without her knowledge. So I came up with a lie.

"Well, I phoned a former classmate of mine for any ideas. So he suggested that I should try cooking his beef and veggie stew recipe."

"Ooh I see. What's his name?"

I sweated a little, thinking about what to say; but then, I remembered Engie's real name. I knew this because I read on Wikipedia about each of the mercenaries once. So I answered my mom's question.

     "His name is Dell. Dell Conagher."

     Little did I know that Engie was quietly peeking from upstairs, eavesdropping on the conversation. His jaw dropped when he heard me mentioning his real name for the first time.

"Dell? That's an interesting name. Is he your boyfriend?~" She teased.

"What? No! He's just a friend!" I blushed. At the word "boyfriend", Engie developed a pink shade on his cheeks.

Giggling, my mom took a bowl full of the delicious stew to the table. She asked if I'm hungry, but I told her that I already ate a while ago. She began to enjoy her dinner as I headed upstairs. As soon as I got up, I froze as I saw Engineer standing in front of me. I noticed that his cheeks were now as pink as bubblegum.

"Engie?" I whispered. "You heard the whole thing?"

The Texan nodded and whispered back. "Ah am really surprised that you knew mah real name. How did yah know?"

"I'll explain to you and the rest later. How about tomorrow?" I asked with a grin.

Engie smiled and nodded as he followed me back into my room. The rest of the mercenaries were having conversations, basically about how things would go from now on since my mother was unaware of them. As soon as Engie and I entered and locked the door, all heads turned to me.

"Hey lassie," Demoman first spoke up, "'ow's yer mum?"

"Pretty well, but she still has no idea that you guys are here." I gently sat on the side of my bed, facing the nine men. "Because of that, I have to make sure she doesn't see any of you. Just that I don't want her to freak out or anything. But someday, I'll find a way to introduce you guys to her. Am I clear?" All heads nodded. "Great. Now with that aside, I guess we should get ready for bed then."

~~~Few hours later~~~

Everyone was dressed in pj's and was napping comfortably in their sleeping bags, except for Medic, Sniper, and Spy. Those support classes decided to occupy the same spots on my bed just as they did the previous night. I was wearing my (F/C) tank top and shorts when I snuggled warmly between the doctor and the assassin. It felt kinda weird having to share my entire room with nine men; but at the same time, I really liked having company with my favorite mercenaries. I was about to drift off to sleep until someone gently poked my shoulder.

"Hey fräulein," the doctor whispered, "Engineer shared zhat jou already know his real name. Is zhat true?"

"Oh yes." I replied quietly to avoid disturbing the others. "Even the rest of you guys as well."

"Hmm...Do jou know my name?" He looked at me with curiosity.

"Yep." I grinned. "Your real name is Dr. Ludwig." This made Medic smile even more.

"Wunderbar. Jou are very smart, fräulein. Meine kleine Taube." In the dark, an unnoticeable blush appeared on his cheeks.

"What did you say, Medic?" I asked. "I'm sorry. I don't speak German."

"Ah zhat's right. My apologies. I called jou "My little dove". Are jou alright vith nicknames, (Y/N)? I actually zhought of zhis since jou helped me vith Archimedes."

My face suddenly developed a deep shade of red. This handsome doctor just called me his little dove. Random, but frankly, I found it quite cute. I nodded and accepted my new nickname as Medic gently pulled me into his warm embrace. I felt him smiling more as he was nuzzling my face.

"Gute Nacht, meine kleine Taube..."

I blushed more as I felt him plant a kiss on my forehead. After a few seconds, my (E/C) eyes became half-lidded.

"Good night, Dr. Ludwig."

(Third Person P.O.V.)

As Medic and (Y/N) finally fell asleep with his arms still wrapped around her, little did they know that the other eight mercenaries were fake sleeping the whole time. They were listening to their conversation; but when they witnessed what Medic had done, each of them grew very envious and wished that it was them instead of the doctor. Even Sniper who was physically lying next to the girl. However, neither the doctor nor (Y/N) noticed him still awake at night.

"That bloody wanka' already gave sheila a nickname." The Aussie thought. "Oi'm betta' than him when it coimes to charming a beaut loike (Y/N). But then again, Oi wonder if sheila loikes someone..."