Chapter 65

It was at that point when the Scottish mercenary held me protectively, knowing he had been warned beforehand of this kind of inevitable situation. Standing around six feet two inches tall, this man sported a black eyepatch and was dressed simply in a light blue hoodie, along with a pair of faded ripped jeans and dark boots. Similar to Tavish, he had a matching patterned bandana wrapped around his head; but unlike my partner, his black hair was styled short and wavy, letting a bit of it hang in front of his forehead. When not a single word was exchanged between them, the blue-cladded individual took a seat on the opposite side, facing Tavish.

     "Ta be honest, I wasn't expectin' ta see ya and yer lassie here." He combed fingers through his hair, beating the heat. "I just came ta this place fer a drink."

     "I don't think so." Tavish raised an eyebrow, displeased by his rival's presence. "I'm not dumb, ya know. I've heard 'bout what yer stupid friends did recently. How can I believe ya if bloody BLUs like yourself seem ta be followin' (Y/N) everywhere?"

     "Whoa whoa! Now listen, mate!" His rival put his hands up. "I didn't come all the way here ta cause any trouble, or even snatch your lassie! I swear!"

     Despite his doppelgänger's explanation, the RED mercenary still frowned, not believing every word he said. Before he could say anything, our waiter finally arrived with our sizzling food fresh from the grill, serving them on the table. Once that was done, he turned to Tavish's blue-cladded enemy while taking out a notepad.

     "Hello, sir." The waiter took out his notepad. "May I get you something?"

     "Well umm...I would like—"

     "A dozen more bottles o' scrumpy, please." Tavish interrupted.

     I immediately turned to my partner, astounded by the amount of alcoholic beverages he just ordered. What on earth was Tavish thinking? Didn't he agree with his teammates that he wouldn't get drunk during our date? Even his rival was taken aback at that response. The waiter appeared to be surprised too; but however, he nodded at the Scotsman's request before leaving our table. As soon as our server was gone, I gently tugged my partner's sleeve.

     "Tavish, what are you doing?" I whispered in his ear, inaudible enough to not let the enemy hear. "You already had one bottle. Thought you wouldn't drink a lot, today."

     "Don't worry a thin', lassie..." He responded quietly. "I'll take care of this."

     The RED teammate then turned to his doppelgänger who remained seated opposite from him.

     "Well then..." Tavish continued. "How about we have a lil' drinkin' competition? Just you and me."

     "Drinkin', ya say?" The BLU member slowly sat up in his chair, interested in the challenge. "Well yeah! I'm up fer that!"

     "Alright then!" The demolitions expert shook hands with him. "Each of us will have the same number of bottles! Whoever gets drunk first is a bloody loser!"

     "Fair 'nough!"

     Minutes later, our waiter arrived with a tray full of twelve scrumpy bottles, carefully serving them down on our table before leaving. Tavish divided and gave half to his rival as promised. Once everything seemed ready, both of them opened their first bottles and began drinking. I anxiously watched, wondering how much alcohol they could consume before getting inebriated. As this challenge went on, I quickly picked up Tavish's smartphone that was lying on our table, only to scroll down the contacts list for a certain name. I tapped it as soon as I found it and began composing a text message for that recipient.