Chapter 30

"Bonk! How's that feel, wimp?"

     It already had been minutes since the online war commenced, and Jeremy was already taking down a couple of BLU's with ease. As he was focused on the game, the rest of the mercenaries and I had our eyes fixated on my pc screen. 

     "Hudda Hudda!" Pyro clapped his gloved hands like an excited child.

     "Go get them, leetle Scout!" Heavy cheered on.

     "Ya can do it, ya ankle-biter!" Sniper observed him with anticipation.

     With his blue eyes glued to the screen, the Bostonian performed a double jump, dodging flying bullets and sticky bombs here and there. Landing on the ground, he eventually came face-to-face with his BLU counterpart who was about to ready his scattergun.

     "This map ain't big enough for the two of us!" Jeremy stated via voice chat as he killed off his enemy with a bat. "Hit the road, bozo! Let a real Scout get to work!"

     Seeing that the Bostonian just dominated a BLU, his RED online teammates, the same Heavy and Scout mains who pointed out and compared his voice to that of Nathan Vetterlein, complimented his battling skills in the game. Aside from that, they started to communicate more with him, wanting to hear his Scout-like voice again.

     "Whoa Jeremy! That was cool!" One of them exclaimed on the voice chat.

     "Yeah! You totally showed him who's boss!" The second player was heard from the other end. "But to be honest, I can't help but to keep saying that you really sound a lot like Scout..."

     "Thanks, pals! But I'm freakin' serious!" Jeremy responded back on my microphone. "I'm tellin' ya that I am the Scout!"

     Hearing that from the Bostonian made me giggle a bit. I mean, those online gamers totally had no idea that they were talking to not just any Scout player, but a REAL Scout. Despite having to deal with his annoying online teammates, however, Jeremy seemed to enjoy playing the game a lot, making him feel that he was fighting in a war again, just like those good old days in Teufort. While still at it, he gently snaked an arm around my form, pulling me closer to him.

     "So, how did I do, sweet cheeks?" He laid his head on my shoulder as he went along with the online match.

     "You're doing pretty well in this, Jeremy." I smiled as I petted his head. "You're a quick learner in gaming, to be honest."

     Grinning, the young mercenary moved his arms away from the keyboard and mouse, only to wrap me in his warm embrace. In that position, my face was now in front of his, feeling our foreheads pressed against each other. Blushing deeply, Jeremy closed his baby blue eyes and leaned in closer. Realizing what he was trying to do, I slowly shut my (E/C) ones, doing the same in return. However, just as we were about to close the distance between us, a battle cry was heard from the pc speakers that I immediately opened my eyes, noticing that a BLU online player was charging towards the Bostonian.

     "Jeremy! Look out!"

     "Huh?!"

     Just as he looked back at the screen, the young mercenary quickly placed his hands back on my keyboard and mouse, only to draw out his primary weapon and shoot at the drunk BLU Demoman, finishing him off on time; but that was not all, for he was shocked that he also performed a lucky critical hit.

     "Holy snap!" Jeremy's eyes widened at what he just did. "That was very close!"

     "And thankfully, you were fast enough to take him down before things could get worse!" I noted.

     "Well ya know, I don't call myself the Scout for no reason, baby cakes~" The Bostonian winked at me, nuzzling my pink cheek before getting on the microphone to jeer at the now dead BLU corpse. "The best man won, ya bomb-throwin' drunk!"

     Letting out a soft giggle at Jeremy's remark, I snaked my arms around his shoulders, giving him a gentle hug. Noticing this, the young mercenary chuckled as he sneaked a hand behind my head, only to make me smash my lips into his! Taken by surprise, I felt my face turning crimson as I slowly melted into the kiss. While this was happening, the other mercenaries couldn't help but to glare at the Bostonian with envy; but then however, they calmed down a bit, remembering their promise not to fight over me again. As the blue-orbed teammate and I finally broke the kiss for needed air, a voice was heard from the pc speakers.

     "Yo Jeremy! Are you still there?" The online Heavy player caught our attention. "You were afk for a while!"

     "Afk?" The boy turned to me, raising his eyebrow. "What does that mean, sweet cheeks?"

     "It means 'away from keyboard', Jeremy." I explained. "You might as well get back on and help them win the match."

     "Hehe alright, baby cakes." Giving me a quick cheek kiss, he moved the microphone closer to his face while maneuvering himself in the game. "Still here, pally! Sorry 'bout it! Was talkin' to my girlfriend!"

     "Wait what? You have a girlfriend?" The gamer was astounded. "You're definitely pretty lucky to finally pick up a chick! Is it Ms. Pauling?"

     "Umm no. This is a different girl. A very special one." He smiled.

     That very last bit coming from Jeremy really made my heart melt. Whoever knew that a loud, loquacious mercenary could actually be so sweet? Feeling so loved, I softly rested my head on his shoulder, observing him play the game. Noticing this, the young Bostonian caressed my (H/C) hair before resuming his gameplay.

~~~Meanwhile, in an undisclosed location~~~

(Third Person P.O.V.)

     "Alright! Listen up, boys!"

     Cameron, along with his loyal assistant, had a large group of mysterious men lined up in a dimly lit room. As his newly-hired henchmen listened attentively, he walked up to the bulletin board hanging on a wall. Displayed on it were photos of the RED mercenaries, and that of (Y/N) right in the center. Additionally, a red heart was drawn around the girl's portrait.

     "This beautiful lady here," he pointed at one of the pictures, "is my ex-girlfriend. She ended our relationship a few years ago when we were in college. But just recently, I ran into her when she was with this...ugly douchebag."

     He showed an image of a certain Frenchman who he loathed so much. To express his hatred even more, Cameron pulled out a permanent marker from his pocket, doodling a mustache on the suit-cladded man's handsome face. This action of his caused the rest of the men to poke fun at Spy's photo, now marred by their leader.

     "We still have yet devised a plan to deal with him and his friends. So for now, keep an eye on my beloved (Y/N) and figure out a way to give those men hell! Understood?"

     "Yes sir!"