Chapter 66

(Your P.O.V.)

"Tavish?...Are you awake?"

"Huh wha—"

The Scotsman immediately got up from his nap, finally sober from that incident. Taking glances at his surroundings, he realized that we were already in our car parked blocks away from the restaurant, while his Russian friend stood outside the vehicle. Seeing me, he happily pulled my form into a warm embrace.

"Lassie!" He planted a soft kiss on my forehead, smiling. "I'm glad ya still here! I thought that bloody idiot took ya!"

"Aww Tavish!" I hugged him, giggling. "You were actually drunk. Remember our encounter with that BLU a while ago?"

"Oh...Oh yeah, I forgot." He scratched the back of his head, letting out a chuckle. "Say, how did ya help me get here? Thought a pretty lassie like ya wouldn't be strong 'nough ta carry me drunken ass outta there."

"Actually, Heavy helped us out. I used your phone to contact him."

He then turned around to his teammate who simply nodded, making an indication that the story I stated was true. Before anything, the Scotsman exited the car, only to stretch out his arms and inhale some fresh air. Realizing that the sun was still up in the summer sky, his brown eyes landed on me.

"What time is it now, lassie?"

"It's two thirty." I answered, holding up my smartphone to show its screen. "You were napping for like a couple hours."

"Bloody hell, I slept fer that long?" He went back to gently take my hand. "Come on, lassie. Let's walk 'round and enjoy the rest of our day. I think we're safe from those bloody idiots fer now."

"Sure thing, Tavish." I exited the vehicle until something came in mind. "Wait a minute, think Heavy can come along too? You know, as a bodyguard? Just in case the BLUs show up again?"

"Hmm...guess that's a good idea." The Scotsman scratched his chin before turning to the aquamarine-eyed Russian. "Say Heavy, why don't ya join us?"

"Oh?" The taller mercenary looked surprised. "Leetle Demo and (Y/N) want Heavy to tag along?"

"Come on, Mikhail! I know a place to visit!" I encouraged him. "Thought it would be nice since you helped us get out of trouble."

Smiling at that offer, the Russian nodded and locked our vehicle, following us from behind. Reaching the busy intersection minutes later, we waited until the pedestrian lane was safe. Once the walking sign lit, we began crossing the street, looking for shops to browse around.

"Say, what is this place you're talkin' 'bout?" Demoman spoke as we reached the opposite side of the plaza.

"You guys might be interested." I grinned. "My best friend and I used to visit there all the time."

"Better not be another bar." The Russian joked. "Heavy does not wanna carry leetle Demo's drunken ass again."

"Oh shut up, mate!" The demolitions expert let out a chuckle. "Trust me. I'm not gonna do that since I drank too much fer today!"

~~~Meanwhile, in an undisclosed location~~~

(Third Person P.O.V.)

"Do you think our plan finally worked this time?" A helmet-wearing teammate asked, waiting patiently on a comfy chair. "Our friends are taking longer than expected."

"That's what's I'm worried about, Jane." The Bostonian member, opposite from him, relaxed on a leather furniture as his marred face stared up at the ceiling. "And to be honest, we're already out of ideas, especially if this one fails. What do ya think is gonna happen if the boss finds us to be so unsuccessful?"