Chapter 78

Art by vincenzo-txt!

~~~Timeskip by Sir Shootsalot~~~

During the entire time in our kitchen, Sniper and I worked together making breakfast for the team and ourselves. The Aussie was cooking eggs and bacon, and of course, brewing some fresh coffee. While he was at it, I focused on prepping buttermilk batter for mouthwatering crispy waffles. It took a while until we made adequate meals for everyone before setting everything on the table. In addition to that, I placed down various berries and other condiments including whipped cream and maple syrup. Within minutes, footsteps were audible from downstairs, gradually getting louder. At that point, both Sniper and I turned around to see a certain American cladded in a white tank top and sweatpants.

"Good morning, Cupcake! And morning, Bilbo Baggins!" Soldier greeted us before sniffing the air. "Mmm...Smells really nice here. I see that you two cooked breakfast?"

"Yes, and don't call me that, potatohead." The assassin retorted. "Oi'm tired of that idiotic name!"

"Oh yeah?" The offense teammate raised an eyebrow. "And what about those empty jars I found in that bathroom cabinet the other day? Don't tell me you're planning to fill them up with your piss! The team's already had enough of seeing those everywhere! Especially that one time when Scout discovered a bunch in our fridge—"

"Aw come on, mate! That was back at our base!" Sniper cut him off. "And besides, we're not there anymore! We're in lil' roo's house! Oi couldn't think of any other place for moi jars!"

"I was going to say you can keep them at the garden shed," the blond man stated, "but then again, Lieutenant Bites wouldn't welcome some foul odor coming from someone who lives in that messy campervan!"

"Say that one more time, and that helmet's goin' to make a nice bowl for ya brains!"

Both RED members got into a trivial argument which caught the attention of others from upstairs. More footsteps were heard, and the rest of their friends showed up in the dining room.

"Soldier! Sniper!" The Frenchman managed to intervene. "Vill you two calm down zhis instant?! Ve immediately got disturbed from our sleep!"

"Spy is right!" Their Russian friend agreed. "Heavy was having very nice dream, then it got ruined because of leetle babies arguing for nothing!"

"Err sorry 'bout that, mates..." The Aussie apologized. "We blokes didn't mean any of that."

"Yeah. And again, sorry for waking you all up." Soldier removed his helmet, revealing his blue eyes. "Well then, come over here and have some breakfast! Cupcake and Sniper made them!"

"Alrighty then! Let's see what we have!" The Bostonian immediately went over to the table, only to quickly become disappointed. "Waffles?! Ya gotta be frickin' kiddin' me! Pancakes are so much better!"

"Mon Dieu, Scout! At least be appreciative!" Spy scolded him. "You can't expect people to know your favorites and vhatnot. Plus, in my opinion, I zhink it's nice to try out different zhings."

"Why should I listen to ya, shapeshiftin' rat?" The youngest RED member frowned. "You're not my frickin' dad!"

Silence filled the entire room. Everyone else turned to their support teammate who got angered yet somewhat hurt by Scout's comment. Even I felt really bad, knowing the real truth between those two. Not wishing to get the rest of his day ruined, the Frenchman cleared his throat and brushed it off, acting as if nothing happened.