Chapter 25

(Third Person P.O.V.)

~~~Meanwhile, in an unknown location~~~

     "Alright, please share to me what you've got..."

     The hooded man seated before Cameron took out his smartphone, scrolling down all of the photos taken recently. As soon as he found what he needed, he placed the device on a desk for his boss to see. Cameron then picked it up and inspected each picture one by one. Indeed, the first few showed (Y/N) along with the nine men in the mall, while some were taken at an ice cream parlor, and the last ones in the park near her house. Examining each guy in the photos, Cameron then turned to his pc and logged into his Steam account to search for (Y/N)'s favorite game, Team Fortress 2. Finding that name in a list, he clicked on it, being led to its main page where he saw a group picture of the RED mercenaries on top. Holding up his assistant's phone, Cameron compared the appearances of (Y/N)'s companions to those of the fictional video game characters, finding them to be pretty uncanny.

     "This cannot be..." The man kept looking at both the smartphone and his pc. "They're not cosplayers, are they?"

     "I don't think so, Boss." His hooded friend took his phone again to open up other files he saved. "Listen to these. They happened at the park, by the way."

     On the screen of his assistant's device were a few voice recordings taken several hours earlier. Following his assistant's directions, Cameron tapped on a play button for the first file.

     "Now now, vhy don't ve settle zhis like gentlemen?"

     Another one was played next.

     "Ha ha! Found ya, Doc!"

     Feeling weirded out by those voices, Cameron went on to hear the last recording.

     "WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I HATE FRANCE RIGHT NOW!"

     That particular sound file was way more than enough to confirm his suspicions. Taken aback, Cameron sat still in his chair, taking his time to process what he just listened.

     "See? Told you, Boss." The mysterious man retrieved his device from him. "They are not those kinds of normal guys you would run into any day."

     "Indeed." Cameron looked up to his friend. "Big question is, how did (Y/N) end up with them?"

     "Beats me."

     As they were wondering about possibilities of the mercenaries' presence in their world, something unexpectedly occurred when Cameron's pc screen gradually turned brighter than usual.

     "What the?!"

     "What's going on here?!"

     Both (Y/N)'s ex and his friend shielded their eyes as the glowing, spiraling light shone intensely, eventually blinding them that it became difficult to see in their room.

~~~Back at (Y/N)'s place, hours later~~~

     It was already seven a.m. when the sun began to rise from the horizon. Like any other morning, Soldier was the first to wake up as he yawned and stretched his muscular arms.

     "Ah...Another great day to be alive." The American smiled as he climbed out of his sleeping bag. "Well, time to check on the princess."

     Quietly tiptoeing to avoid disturbing his teammates, Soldier gently sat on the edge of the bed to watch (Y/N) napping on the doctor's chest. Smiling softly, he reached out his hand to caress the softness of her (H/C) hair as the lady stirred in her sleep; but within a few seconds, the blond mercenary changed his expression into a frown as he noticed that purple bruise still present on (Y/N)'s neck from the previous day. He then looked over to his goggles-wearing teammate who was snoring at a corner.

     "Damn you, Engie." Soldier imagined how he wanted to kick the Texan's ass for marking his little eagle. "I never knew you were that type of maggot to do that."

     The American was deep in thought until he heard a couple of knocks on the door, which made him immediately jump up from his seat.

     "Good morning, (Y/N). Are you awake?"

     Listening to that voice from the other side, Soldier realized that the girl's father had arrived at her door. That was when he quickly shook one of the teammates from his slumber.

     "Spy! Get up! Get up!" The American whisper-shouted.

     "Ugh..." the Frenchman groaned as he slowly sat up. "Vhat is it, you simpleton?"

     The helmet-cladded mercenary placed a finger on his lips to keep his friend's voice down, then he used the same finger to point to the door where a muffled masculine voice could be heard from behind. 

     "(Y/N)? Are you up, yet?" He knocked a few more times.

     "Merde, is zhat ma chérie's father?" Spy's mahogany eyes widened.

     Soldier slowly nodded in response as the French mercenary immediately got out of bed to pull out a disguise kit from his pocket. Disappearing in a puff of smoke, he then emerged out as the fake (Y/N) before getting the door.

     "Good morning, Dad." The disguised Spy feigned a yawn in (Y/N)'s voice so to just appear that she just woke up, while holding the door ajar. "Sorry it took me a while."

     "It's alright, sweetheart. Been standing here for a while." The lady's father kissed his "daughter" on the forehead. "Breakfast is ready, by the way. I'll wait for you."

     "Alright, D-Dad." Spy stuttered his words in a feminine voice. "B-be there in a bit."

     The father nodded and headed downstairs, and the Frenchman immediately closed the door before turning back to his normal self. As he slipped his disguise kit back into his pocket, Spy noticed his American friend snickering.

     "Vhat's so funny, Soldier?" Spy became irritated.

     "HA HA!" The helmet-wearing teammate guffawed while holding his stomach to suppress his laughter. "You got kissed by a MAN!"

     "Shut up, Soldier!" The French mercenary frowned and crossed his arms until he noticed (Y/N) stirring. "Keep it down! She's awake now!"

(Your P.O.V.)

     After a refreshing sleep, I opened my eyes to find myself still sleeping on Medic's chest. Slowly sitting up, I stretched my arms and yawned until I found two of the mercenaries already awake.

     "Oh good morning, guys." I smiled as I carefully got out of bed to avoid waking up the doctor and an assassin.

     "Morning, sleeping beauty." Soldier greeted me back. "Your father's waiting for you."

     "Oh really?" My eyes widened.

     "Oui, ma chérie." Spy responded. "He made breakfast. Don't keep him waiting, dear."

     "Ah alright, I'll be back in a bit."

     Before I headed out the doorway, I stopped for a moment to give both Soldier and Spy quick kisses on their cheeks. Seeing them blush in response, I giggled before exiting the room.

     "Aww...she kissed me." The American smiled as his hand touched the spot on his face where (Y/N)'s lips had been.

     "I zhink she kissed me longer." The Frenchman grinned.

     "Hey! I think Cupcake likes me more, you frog!" 

     "Non, you imbecile! Her kiss for me lasted longer. Therefore, ma chérie likes me better than you!"

     "I'm going to tell the rest of the team about what happened between you and Cupcake's father!~"

     "Shut up, Soldier!"