Chapter 48

(Third Person P.O.V.)

     "Huh? So zhey are dancing now?"

     The Frenchman held a pair of binoculars up to his lapis eyes, concealing himself in the flowery bushes while watching the RED team party in the girl's home. As a fresh aroma of roses lingered on his tailored navy suit, he fixed his gaze upon (Y/N), whom he fell head over heels for. Observing quietly for every second, the Frenchman couldn't help but to feel a strong attraction towards (Y/N). He truly wished that she would become his; but however, he found it quite impossible with all of those RED mercenaries in his way.

     "(Y/N) is such a beauté." A grin formed on his face. "Oh, if zhose bastards didn't get to her first, I vould've gotten a lucky chance."

     "That chick is so cute. I wanna make her my princess."

     "Excuse me?"

     The Frenchman looked over to face his younger teammate hiding next to him, not believing what he just heard. As a response, the blue-cladded Bostonian placed down his binoculars and gave his friend eye contact before explaining.

     "Well, I was sayin' that sweet cheeks would date a hot guy like me!" The young man smirked, flexing his arm as if he was showing off. "Do ya think she'll choose an ugly, old man like ya, Vincent?"

     "Shut up, Jace! I'm not ugly and zhat old!" The Frenchman got really pissed. "And another zhing, you call yourself hot? Heck, you always failed in charming women vith your looks, your lousy jokes, and even your love of fried chicken! You're most likely gonna die as a virgin!"

     "Hey! That wasn't very nice!" The Bostonian got triggered. "And what about all those girls you slept with before? Did they leave you for your rival since he's more refined and richer than you are?"

     The two bickered on, glaring daggers at each other as the dance still went on in (Y/N)'s house. However, before things could get worse, they were interrupted by someone who happened to join them in their hiding spot.

     "Ya guys, Keep it down! Ya'll causing a ruckus that those dummies might see us!"

     A southern accented friend of theirs attempted to pacify the two and break up the argument, until he noticed someone staring at their direction. A red-cladded individual had ceased his dancing to head towards the windowpane.

     "Great, hide now and stay quiet! That bastard's comin'!"

     The men swiftly ducked their heads until they were fully concealed in the flowery bushes. Within a few seconds, a certain Texan opened the window and scanned around the outdoor surroundings at a front porch. Luckily for those men, he didn't see any of them.

     "Hmm...Thought someone was there..." Engie scratched the back of his head, but then he shrugged his shoulders. "Oh well, time to go back to dancin'!"

     The RED mercenary hummed as he shut down the window, returning to his fellow teammates and continuing the fun. When the coast was finally clear, the three men slowly poked their heads out of the shrub.

     "Vell zhat vas a close one." Vincent sighed in relief.

     "Yep. Why don't we just get the hell outta here now?" Jace suggested. "Besides, we already got the idea of the girl's house layout!"

     "Good thinkin', pardner." Their Texan friend agreed. "Let's move out!"

~~~Timeskip by Dead Ringer Spy~~~

(Your P.O.V.)

     "Whoa lassie! Your piano skills are brilliant!" Demoman complimented as he excitedly hugged me. "I'm amazed that ya knew that song!"

     "Thanks, Tavish!" I smiled, returning the embrace. "It's been a while since I played, but I'm happy I was able to do it."

     Hearing me say his real name for the first time, the Scottish mercenary blushed but happily gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. Feeling my cheeks turn crimson, I returned a small smooch on his cheek. Aww's were only heard in the entire room as a response.

     "Hey sweet cheeks, ya should do this more often." Scout commented. "Reminds me of those good days back in our base at Teufort."

     "Yep, I remember how we used to do it for every victory we gained." The unmasked Pyro added, turning to me as his soft, green eyes laid on mine. "So firefly, do you know other music?"

     "I don't play it on the piano, but I know this particular one."

     I pulled out my phone, tapping on a certain soundtrack that all of the mercenaries knew well. In a couple seconds, a Latin rhythm of the beating drums had commenced. Recognizing it, everyone danced in single file, waving their hands in the air.

     "Ha ha ha! I love the conga!"

     "Love it! Medals for everyone!"

     "One, two, zhree, kick!"

     Laughters and whoo hoo's echoed and I became the line leader, conga'ing through the living room as the others followed from behind. It was so lively, and the mercenaries enjoyed every second of it. What made it even funnier was that the love birds flew out of their cage, just to join certain men in the conga line. Archimedes landed on Medic's head, and Maxie on Sniper's.

     "Oh? My little taube vants to join his papa?" The German grinned as he still danced, letting his feathered fellow nest in his jet black hair. "How sweet!"

     "Papa?" The Russian raised an eyebrow while conga'ing. "Heavy thinks the name Pigeon Daddy suits Doktor better!"

     "Aw come on, Mikhail!" The doctor pouted, mentioning his best friend's real name.

     "But look, Doktor. Leetle Sniper doesn't seem to mind being called Cockatiel Daddy!" The tallest mercenary winked.

     Medic turned around to see his Aussie friend being mocked at by their other teammates. Looking over my shoulder, I noticed that Sniper was doing his best to keep a straight face while conga'ing with a bird attached to him. Indeed, Maxie was perched on top of his akubra; however, she wasn't the only one who flew to him. It also turned out that my other cockatiels, Leon and Edwin, decided to join in the fun by landing on the assassin's shoulders.

     "Look at you, Bilbo Baggins!" Soldier chortled as he finger pointed at him. "Cupcake's birds really love you! You should be their papa bird! Tweet tweet!"

     "Shut up, ya rocket-hoppin' simpleton!" The Aussie felt annoyed. "Do ya want me to put a bullet in your forehead?"

     "Tweet tweet!" The American went on, ignoring Sniper's words.

     "Ah piss..."

     Giggling at that moment, I found it quite sweet and heartwarming that my pet cockatiels developed a liking towards the mercenaries. I mean, think about it. Medic and Sniper as the "Birb Daddies"? Who wouldn't want that?