Chapter 63

Artwork by its-citrine-beta!

     After spending long hours of fun at booth games and rides, I was very happy to see that Pyro got to enjoy everything without his gas mask and fire retardant suit. Since that unexpected encounter with the entire BLU team, the fire mercenary felt a whole lot better, knowing that he had me on his side. It was seven in the evening when he and I were riding in a Ferris wheel, observing a night sky in vibrant shades of violet and blue as I still held a prize (favorite animal) plushie in my arms.

     "Would you look at that, (Y/N)?" The olive-eyed pyromaniac sighed in relief as we both relaxed in a passenger car climbing up along the wheel. "The stars are very beautiful tonight."

     "I totally agree, Aiden." I nodded, curling my lips into a smile. "And we get such a nice view of the entire city from here."

     While slowly approaching the top of a Ferris wheel, we gazed around a myriad of tiny, bright specks of light, shining from every street corner and adorning every building, tall and short; but just in a matter of seconds, a crackling sound was heard in the distance. Both of us immediately looked up, only to see colorful fireworks bursting in the sky like confetti.

     "Wow!" I watched the night display with amazement. "They're so wonderful!"

     The RED member and I continued spectating, and more fireworks were launched into the air, blooming into various shapes from flowers to hearts. A few seconds later, the weather became slightly windy, causing my skin to turn cold to the touch as my clothes weren't enough to provide me warmth. Noticing this, the redhead immediately pulled off his hoodie, exposing himself in a black tank top to cover my shivering body.

     "I got you, love." He smiled, draping the crimson garment over my shoulders like a blanket. "Don't want my beautiful firefly to freeze on this lovely night."

     "Thanks, Aiden."

     I returned the smile, feeling relieved in his hoodie as the auburn-haired mercenary pulled me closer, wrapping his arm around my back. Minutes had gone by, and the night show of pyrotechnics still went on. Distracted by flying sparks dispersing from exploding fireworks, I didn't notice Pyro moving up his free hand. That was until he gently cupped my cheek, turning my face until my (E/C) eyes met green ones. At that point, a tint of rouge appeared on my cheeks as the fire-loving teammate moved in closer, gently pressing his forehead against mine. In just a matter of seconds, our lips collided with each other, turning this moment into a make out session underneath the sheet of stars in a chilly night.

~~~Timeskip by Demoman's Parrot~~~

(Third Person P.O.V.)

     A couple hours later, Pyro and (Y/N) relaxed in their car as Engie drove home. It was during the middle of a long trip that the girl had fallen asleep on his lap. While the hoodie-cladded teammate stroked her (H/C) hair as she napped, his Texan friend began to speak.

     "Enjoyed your day, buddy?" He kept his emerald eyes on the road. "No problems bein' out of your comfort zone?"

     "I had a lot of fun in the carnival with (Y/N)." The fire mercenary smiled as he caressed my cheek. "But it was interrupted by those BLUs-"

     "Wait a minute...BLUs? Ya mean the entire enemy team was there?" Engie was astonished when his friend nodded in response. "Did ya get into a fight with those dummies?"

     "Not exactly." Pyro shook his head and went on. "My rival challenged me to a booth game, which I luckily won. I did that to protect (Y/N)."