Chapter 68

"Two sandviches for lovely couple, yes?"

     Mikhail reluctantly nodded as he secured his arm around my form, being protective of me as the waiter served meals on our table. This towering, broad-shouldered bald man before us stood around six feet and five e tall, sporting a light blue t-shirt, dark gray pants, and a matching pair of low-cut boots. What really caught my attention was some ID card hanging on a black lanyard around his neck, with the following name printed on it: "M. Treskov". No doubt that he was the defense mercenary from the BLU team, Mikhail's rival to be exact.

     "Hmm? What's with quiet response?" The server let out a small chuckle. "Something wrong? Is it meals you two ordered?"

     "It's not food. It's you." Mikhail bluntly stated as he remained in his seat next to mine. "What's BLU idiot doing here?"

     "Just working." A Russian-accented man answered as he slowly sat at our table, opposite from us. "Need to earn for rent and bills."

     "Working on abducting leetle (Y/N), hmm?" The RED mercenary raised an eyebrow, rubbing his chin.

     "Нет (No). Just normal cafe job." He corrected, shaking his head. "In fact, this is second job of mine. First job didn't go so well."

     "What kind?"

     "Confidential. Can't tell anyone, especially those with likes of you."

     With a frowning expression, Mikhail still kept his guard up, feeling suspicious about that blue-cladded rival. Even I felt the same way. What was the first job that BLU member just mentioned? Before anything, his doppelgänger continued talking.

     "Well anyway, enjoy your meals. Nice seeing you two here." He stood from his chair, picking up an empty tray. "Need to continue job. Hope you don't mind friends giving company."

     "Friends?"

     Mikhail's rival pointed to the direction where three blue-cladded individuals stood behind a counter, giving us nothing but a "friendly" wave. The first one was in an oversized hoodie, and had burned marks exposed along the side of his neck. The second one had circular glasses framing his icey orbs, and wore a white dress shirt under a sky blue vest. The last one sported a navy blazer over some white graphic t-shirt, and a pair of sapphire aviators sat on top of his brunet hair. As the Russian counterpart left us alone to enter the "Employees Only" door feet away, Mikhail pulled my chair closer to his, not liking the situation we got in.

     "This no good. Thought date would be BLU-free." The RED mercenary kept his arm secured around my shoulders before whispering. "Say leetle (Y/N), let's eat and then leave this place. Don't want trouble with BLU dummies."

     "Sure thing."

     The Russian teammate and I took our time to munch our meals, knowing that we were being watched. Our delicious sandviches simply resembled those in the game. Triangular slices of white bread served with hand-leafed lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, and of course, ham and bologna. Personally Mikhail's favorite. By the time they were finished, we both got up from our table and headed for the exit, only to be blocked by one of the rival's friends.

     "Where are you going now?" The olive-eyed redhead stepped in front. "Can't you two stay a little longer?"

     "Leetle (Y/N) and Heavy have plans. Now leave us alone."

     Mikhail did his best to convince the pyromaniac to move out of our way; but alas, nothing seemed to work as the other two men walked over. Each of them stood on either side of us, making our escape quite impossible.